Clutch lever and "boost effect" question ?!

Armoni76

Registered
Hi guys,

Did anyone notice a "boost effect" when touching (very gently) the clutch lever when riding at stabilized speed ?

When doing this RPM and speed increase way faster without turning more the throttle and I'm not talking about pulling hard on the lever and spinning the clutch, no, no, just a small tension on the lever, just enough to engage the lever's sensor.

I did discover this after installing my Brembo MC (clutch and brake) so at first I thought it was due to the new hydraulic sensor I installed on the clutch line instead of the Suzuki OEM. So I disconnected the hydraulic sensor and reinstalled the Suzuki. But during the test ride I engaged the OEM with my bare hand and the effect was the same : It's like having a boost or a high sensibility of the throttle, like a "race map".

What struck me first was the lack of smoothness with starts and stops after installing the Brembo, so I started to play with lever and I finally discovered this. but if I totally disconnect the cluch lever's sensor (hydraulic or OEM) the bike runs fine, no more weird boost and "stop & go" are really smooth, so I thing the Brembo does its job.

To finish, I never tried before to pull gently the OEM clutch lever at stabilized speed, again very gently (no hard pulling on the lever or spinning the clutch).

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feedbacks,
Romain

Is the clutch adjusted properly? Maybe running a slight drag and when you touch it it releases? If not then it’s in your head unless you can video a change I think it’s in your head.
How do you adjust the clutch ? IMHO you can only adjust the lever distance.

I'll try a GoPro video soon.

By the way I also tried QS1, QS2 or QS deactivated and it doesn't change nothing.
For now I'm riding without any lever sensor, and it's just fine (except I can't start with a gear engaged)

Yep !

@Armoni76 , so you put The BEST combo RCS on the bike
NO RECALL MC for you , have fun with your Brembo Set

Launch limiter wont work either, if thsts a concern at all
Yesterday I tried and I can set the launch limiter, the rev limiter is working in the 3 modes. Without the clutch lever switch the bike thinks the clutch lever is always released. Does the launch control adjusts also the clutch slip rate ?

Last edited:
On the Gen 2, the hydraulic switch was too slow and did not act correctly to replace the OEM switch. You had to use a micro switch. It could be that the smarter Gen 3 ECU reacts differently to the switch, or more likely you are slipping the clutch slightly and allowing the engine to rev to a higher RPM.

On the Gen 2, the hydraulic switch was too slow and did not act correctly to replace the OEM switch. You had to use a micro switch. It could be that the smarter Gen 3 ECU reacts differently to the switch, or more likely you are slipping the clutch slightly and allowing the engine to rev to a higher RPM.
Thanks, I just had a call with my dealer NRBIKE , Préparation Motos et Flash Reprogrammation Boitier ECU - Pièces Racing - électronique compétition and according to him it's pretty normal. Like other modern bikes when the lever is pulled it engage a map for "start assist" with more revs.

And what you're saying about hydraulic switch VS OEM switch could explain what I feel on the bike, with the Brembo set up and the hydraulic switch + the map (more rev) it makes the bike not as smooth at is was.

I'll look into micro swicth, do you have any suggestion or model to show me ?

I found this, is it what you meant ? Brembo Kupplungschalter für Kupplungspumpen | TELGESparts.de - Brembo Online Shop

btw there is no hole under the RCS Corsa Corta clutch MC (P/N 110C74050) to install a micro swith
110C74050.jpg

This what I have installed, brand Goodridge
rftr128.jpg

And I just found out that there is a BREMBO part number 0626MQ20, that is normally open (same as the one already installed), don't know if it would be better or not to install a Brembo instead of the Goodridge

Brembo UPGRADE 0626MQ20
1049212-1-800Wx800H.jpg

I'm gonna run another test, deactivate HHC (Hill Hold Control) and let you guys know

Last edited:
Back