Clutch modification

racerV

Did you say something?
Donating Member
Registered
What options are out there to replace the factory clutch master and slave to make it so it can be used with next to no effort on an 08 Busa? I went on a ride when I was in MA with BrendanP and when we were driving through traffic in Worcester, my hand got very fatigued due to the extra use of the clutch that was required.

images-1.jpg

All joking aside. The only thing I can think of is maybe a Radial Clutch Master cyliner. As far as the slave cylinder goes, I'm not sure you can do anything about that.

It is something that you will have to get used to. When I got my first bike 3 years ago, for the first month or so I had some real issues with fatigue when it came to riding in heavy traffic. 3 years later it is hardly noticeable when riding in heavy traffic. When you are at a complete stop do you still hold the clutch in?

It is something that you will have to get used to. When I got my first bike 3 years ago, for the first month or so I had some real issues with fatigue when it came to riding in heavy traffic. 3 years later it is hardly noticeable when riding in heavy traffic. When you are at a complete stop do you still hold the clutch in?
Thanks for your input. I have been riding for years and Hayabusa's since 2005 in almost every part of the country. I would just like my clutch to be like GixerHP's. You barely have to pull the thing. I am very familliar with South Mountain, Salt River Canyon, Tortilla Flats, Vulture Mine Road, etc. etc. Figured you could identify with me since those areas on in your neck of the woods.

Last edited:
what does gixerhp have done to his clutch?

I went with a radial clutch lever which did help but it still took alot of pressure. Lockup clutches don't require much pressure but that's a whole different setup.

what does gixerhp have done to his clutch?

I went with a radial clutch lever which did help but it still took alot of pressure. Lockup clutches don't require much pressure but that's a whole different setup.
I know it was Brembo but that is all I know about it.

Since you reference GixerHP. I believe he has an Brembo RCS radial master. I have one also, just got it this winter. There about 350.00 bucks depending on where you buy them. Also as an alternative, Cycle brakes is distributing the accossato radial master cylinders, there a little cheaper too. Heres a link. AMAG032

I know it was Brembo but that is all I know about it.

He has the Brembo RCS, which has an adjustable ratio. The last one I posted in the link is not adjustable. If you want the best, the Brembo RCS radial master cylinder is the best, followed by their fixed ratio models. After that I would say any other brand such as Magura, Accossato, Nissin...

Well, the last thing I want to do is to modify my bike to make this application work. Anyone have any fitment experience with a Gen 2?

Did you try cycle brakes? I think all may require some mods or another. I'm looking into this to.
Posted via Mobile Device

Did you buy the bike new, if not pull the cover and see if it has heavy springs. I"m running 40lbs springs and it makes a big diff over stock springs.

That would be my recomendation too. Or get a job in a steel shop.
I fan the clutch on my 2 stroke dirt bike constantly, for 3-5 hours at a time, with one finger. Have a callous worn on the back of my left ring finger from the clutch lever hitting it.

Thank God for the lack of traffic in the Missouri outback.:bowdown:

Speaking of the Missouri outback, you still around here?
Much as it doesn't look like it, it's going to be spring here in the Hillbilly woods soon. Twisties and track days.:cheerleader:

Looks like I will be here until the middle of May now. Want to hit a track day at Hallet and definitely want to do the Bash. If you want to help split the gas, I can haul my RV out there with your bike.

It looks like your share would be about $220.00 and lodging of course is free.

It looks like your share would be about $220.00 and lodging of course is free.

Drawing a blank at the moment. I'll do some serious thinking/checking/research on going to the Bash. Lord knows I'd love to ride the Dragon:drool:.

Got the Hallet track day down though. Prime consideration that.
Looks like for the Hallet track day schedule..
March 21st.. weather?
April 2nd-3rd.. Friday-Saturday, I'm off both days.
May 15th-16th.. Almost certain to be there with a buddy of mine.

Keep in touch, even if I can't make the Bash, I'll definitly do a track day with you. :thumbsup:
Later.. Tom

Back