Comm systems cell adapter razor heads up

DNGrumpy

Sometimes Dopey fits too
Donating Member
Registered
One of the things I wanted to buy at Americade was a Comm System for helmet to helmet, MP3, and cellphone.  AUTOCOMM is boasted as being fantastic stuff but at the show they were super pricey.  The wanted $250 for the base unit with one headset.  I would need the adapter for my RAZOR phone and a second headset for my passenger.  The second headset was $80 and the RAZOR adapter they said "ONLY" they had was $50 and is was handmade by one of their guys.  They looked like crap and were not worth $50.  The RAZOR uses a mini USB instead of a 2.5mm plug.  I wound up buying a similar system from ICOMM.  Their kit was $150 and came with 4 headsets in the box.  They didn't have the phone adapter and said I'd have to get the one from AUTOCOMM or find some other way.  Cingular and Verizon said "NO".  I found these on ebay and ordered one.  This is the only guy selling this thing and it took 800 trys to find the right thing, 99% of the others are just for headphones.  And it was cheap too.  <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/Motorola-RazR-v3-SLVR-L7-Headset-ADAPTER-moto-L6_W0QQitemZ9742305123QQihZ008QQcategoryZ108

660QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">LinkyThing</a> It came in 3 days and works perfectly with the system.  I am guessing it will work with any other phone ready Comm systems or allow the use of any 2.5mm headsets we all have ten of in a drawer somewhere.  I have bluetooth and love it but can now use my Jabra set from my last phone.

Hope this helps somebody...

By the way the ICOMM system works great to at least 100mph and was a snap to install...  I did it at the campground in NY.

<!--EDIT|DNGrumpy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150400749 -->

Okay, Grumpy...you got it...I've got your point...these days I don't receive, important calls, but when the time comes, I won't forget you...Thanks for the info...now, tell your wify, ppl are sending many thanks for good ol grumpy...tell her that
biggrin.gif

Do you have a link for Icomm?
I am new at this. I have a razor cell phone and the Jabra "bluetooth" ear piece and that fits perfect inside my helmet.
Is there away I can link my phone to a "walkie talkie"?
I mean I can't answer the phone while I'm riding? unless I stop and hit the side of my razor to answer the call.

blush.gif

Bansh,
A lot of phones have an "auto-answer" feature when a headset is connected, so that shouldn't be a problem.

On the Razor go into tools and scroll down, there are settings for headset and car. You can set the delay for 2,5 or 10 seconds and it will auto answer for you...

I'll check the reciept to see if the Sierra has a website.

Don't get me wrong the AUTOCOMM stuff is top notch and works awesome but the show prices were kinda out there and the ICOMM stuff works just fine for me at less than half the price.

Back