Did The Dragon...

A'Busa'd

Donating Member
Registered
I really enjoyed my trip to Tennessee and North Carolina. The roads were great, views were spectacular and the weather cooperated as well.

After that trip I immediately started thinking about the next adventure. More mountains, of course, but where?

I've seen a lot of posts about The Dragon and places in California, but what about the Rockys? Haven't seen any posts regarding riding in Mountain States.

How about the Canadian Rockys? That would be a trip.

Looking for suggestions guys. What do you think?

Route 66 into Barstow, then pickup 58 to Santa Margarita, 101N to 46W, then PCH North to SF, back out to the PCH north until you get to Rte211 loop into Ferndale, back 101S a bit to 36 east to Red Bluff, 101N to ...

Hate to pimp someone elses site, not really since is so good, check out:
Pashnit.com

Enough said.  I've done all those* and then some out here. *(not together and not all on Busa)

nothing you will ever ride can beat track days. you won't understand until you try it

Cool link, CorrodedAlien. Think I'll be spending some quality time on that site. Thanks.

WWJD,

Track days sound like a lot of fun, although I think I'd be lapped by the slowest riders.
laugh.gif
How do you find out where they are held? Daytona is nearby and Sebring is 2 hours away. Maybe one of those.

You mean DeLand just isn't doing it for you?
tounge.gif

How about New England? I love Upstate NY, NH & VT in the summer

He's got some decent riding up there by Deland. That is becoming my nearby escape form the boring crap I have down here a little further south. We do have an abundance of high-speed stuff here. Wish we had a decent track nearby- Jennings is about the best in this area and it is a pretty good hike.

Hey A'Busa"d, heres just a sample of what its like riding throught the Canadian rockies. If your ever planning to ride up here give me a shout.
wink.gif

Picture_192.jpg

Route 66 into Barstow, then pickup 58 to Santa Margarita, 101N to 46W, then PCH North to SF, back out to the PCH north until you get to Rte211 loop into Ferndale, back 101S a bit to 36 east to Red Bluff, 101N to ...

Hate to pimp someone elses site, not really since is so good, check out:
Pashnit.com

Enough said.  I've done all those* and then some out here. *(not together and not all on Busa)
I used to live in Dead Bluff I mean Red Bluff.

warbrown,

It's a little flat in my area. All right, it's a lot flat!
laugh.gif
New England does sound like a good idea, however. I'll have to research that one.

bronc3,

There are some scenic drives in my area and a few places where you can stretch the Busa's legs. After riding in the mountains, though, I'm ruined for my own backyard. Guess I'll get over that soon enough when the mountain boys have to put their bikes away for the cold/rainy/snowy season. I'll be very happy that I am here October thru May.

Back