Do Gen 3's have MPG feature?

RedBusarider

Registered
Sorry if this has been addressed already.
But do the Gen 3's have MPG read outs? That was a feature on the Gen 1's but not on the Gen 2's.
Also if it is - is it on both trip meters?

Yes they do but my experience so far is that it’s not 100% correct. My last fill up showed 40.5MPG on the TFT but hand calculated was actually 43.6.

BEC7CE4C-D93B-4A8D-A896-084DDEEC01B2.jpeg

748B2CA1-A4F4-484E-BD7C-A712987970C6.jpeg

Thank you for the image. It's better to get actually higher MPG then what the bike says.
My bikes are normally saying I get better than what I hand calculate.

I have to wonder if the speedometers are accurate on the Gen 3.
On my Gen 1 I had to use a 55 series tire and a small gear change to get the speed to match the GPS.

Thank you for the image. It's better to get actually higher MPG then what the bike says.
My bikes are normally saying I get better than what I hand calculate.

I have to wonder if the speedometers are accurate on the Gen 3.
On my Gen 1 I had to use a 55 series tire and a small gear change to get the speed to match the GPS.
Accurate up to about 55 or 60 mph then the error creeps in. Reads higher and gets worse the faster you go. I would say around 2 or 3 percent which is far better than my Gen 2 was at around 9 percent.

I've been wanting to ask, but not start a new topic.

Anyone know how to get the 2-line readout for these readings? I've accidentally done it to mine a few times after a battery reset, but not sure how I did. The 2nd line replaces all the setting info that's right above the MPG, distance. If that makes any sense.

I've been wanting to ask, but not start a new topic.

Anyone know how to get the 2-line readout for these readings? I've accidentally done it to mine a few times after a battery reset, but not sure how I did. The 2nd line replaces all the setting info that's right above the MPG, distance. If that makes any sense.
When bike is running and in neutral just have to hold the Mode button and it will switch for you.

I just got my G3 about a moth ago and so far all I've been doing is ridding around town, albeit spiritedly. I'm showing 28.8MPG is that more because it's not broken in yet? The around town riding? i combination of the two?

I just got my G3 about a moth ago and so far all I've been doing is ridding around town, albeit spiritedly. I'm showing 28.8MPG is that more because it's not broken in yet? The around town riding? i combination of the two?
I get about the same 27.5 only drive the bike to work. 15 miles each way and drive it maybe a couple towns away.

All the whining about the Gen3 mileage when it first came out, last ride averaged about 44 mpg, and 230 miles to the tank (wee bit of range still left) with stock tire size and stock sprocket. Kinda surprised by that. All steady pace relaxed mountain riding and easy on the throttle hand. Still gonna swap out the rear sprocket for -2T with a SuperSprox for even better mileage.

DSC03329.JPG

DSC03361.JPG

10 months of riding, barely broken in
DSC03387.JPG

Mine is like that since 0 miles. Never got any better. She sips fuel if I ride it like a scooter. Any kind of freight-training chugs fuel like crazy. I rode with a buddy 400 something miles, 1/3 of the way scootering on small roads and the rest letting the engine breath doing short highway pulls every time it was clear. Both our Gen 3s needed fuel twice.

Back