Dyno Results

OB_jeffw

Registered
My problem is solved, cockpit error on my part. I did a run with the load control brake on 30%.

Yes the dyno has just about everything on it. I'll do a run tonight with the gas probe in to see where I need to start tuning.

I ordered a PCII today and I guess it's time to take a trip to Vegas for training.

Hmm I was around 12.3:1, but then again we were just getting the dyno installed and not tuning yet.

The DJ-250 is a cool unit, just need to get more "seat" time making runs.

I know that the Factory EC dyno gives readings that are 10-15% lower than a DynoJet 150. My question of the day would be: are the reading from a DJ-150 and a DJ-250 (new load control) about the same, or does the 250 report hp more like the Factory?

JeffW, I just talked with Mike Belcher at Dyno-Jet earlier today and he was teaching class then....

sounds like a real nice guy!

depends on the hp #'s you got on your bike of course. What #'s did you get? Does it have a gas analizer connected to your dyno?

usually stock with the box installed they run about 13-1 on top.12.3 seems fat for a stock bike.i don't know if readings are exact ratios but as long as they are consistant thats what matters.

I assume you were talking airbox when you said "stock box". I have done the airbox mod. THE AFR is just about a flat line (11.9-12.3) over the entire rpm range except for a 3k stumble. Agree with you on the mixture, waiting for a PC2 to do it right (back order until 4/1/2000).

man you are not getting the potential of the bike with that little setup.another2-3 mph in1/4 laying in there for you to aquire!seal the box to the frame will help too.

Motorhead thanks, I'll take a look at doing the "full thing" this weekend while I wait for my PC2 to arrive.

Are you using all short or tall stacks? Also what did your hp & torque curves look like around 3k-4k rpm?

all long my 2000 only makes 153.9 peak hp/40 hp at 3000 /65 hp at 4000/68# torque at 3k/84# at 4k.300 miles on it.my 99 makes70# at3k and 85#at 4k. 40hp.at3k and 65 at 4k the 99 has gutted air box without loosing any low end power or torque.but it gains progressively and peak powers occur at or near the same rpms.the 200at 153.9and 96# torque.the99stock pipe is 167.9 avg.and103.2#torque.was 104 but been hot lappin to much.

Back