dyno runs

flitemedic13

Registered
OK here is some food for thought....i get bored sometimes and think about wierd sh*t alot...soooo.....just wondering when u get your bike dyno'd its at a standstill. with the design of most sport bikes and especially the busa the manufacturer takes into consideration air usage with the ram air design...this gives the motor more HP through using oxygen forced into the motor....ive heard that when you factor in the bike actually riding on the road that the HP # increases because of the airflow, and the faster the more air (to a certain threshold point im sure) and thus more HP.....so does getting your bike dyno'd just give u a baseline where all bikes can be judged equally without the consideration of ram air? i would assume so...but then that would lead you to believe that your HP rating on your busa when your going down the strip at a high rate of speed would technically be more than the dyno result...right??
i like theoretical crap.....not a mechanic or bike guru..just wondering if that assumption is correct.

1. if it is, how much HP are you really getting from ram air?
2. if you have in a BMC or K&N filter and/or an air box mod would you not be able to see the slight HP jump you get from those on dyno since there is no true heavy air flow right?
3. is the HP rating more when actually travelling?

Hello and welcome to 1999.

It has been done checked and proven how much you gain when you gain it and . The dynoing part is the tuner better know his stuff.

But to put it in a nut shell Ram air starts at 38 mph and builds in added HP till the max speed you can get.
max pressure incease was if I remmeber correctly 1.4# of boost at 190MPH

Back