Engine brake

stellaro

Registered
As soon as the 1000 km service was done and the dealer assured me that everything is normal, but I can't get used to the very poor engine brake. With the previous BMW K1300S, I took my trips, without friends :-) racers, almost without braking, the engine brake was so strong. Do you also have this feeling? Especially since downhill, in theory, it should score zero consumption instead on my 5l / 100km mark, despite having EB off. Happy weekend to everyone.

I don't have a Gen 3. But I always used my engine braking. Hardly ever used my brakes.

If I had a big downgrade if just skip into neutral. Idle is about a high a mileage there is aside from not running.

I also rely heavily on engine braking. Is it adjustable on the Gen 3 or maybe different for different modes?

Yes, you have three, more off, settings and it is precisely in off that petrol seems to be injected, so the engine brake is poor and is barely noticeable in second gear

Well considering we're fly by wire I'd say the throttle body map isn't closing all the way when moving. Once they unlock the ecu I'm sure we can have it tuned to engine break better. But I agree, engine breaking on the gen3 is entirely different then my gen1

My Gen2 slipper doesn't come on unless I downshift really hard. I have only felt it come on a couple times. I engine break a lot and it's very effective for setting up to tear out of a corner. IMHO if you're doing normal touring, you're better off relying on the brake brakes. Brake wear is easy to replace. Engine wear isn't.

With my driving type I sold my K1300S at 150,000km. still with the perfect engine, so I think I will not do any damage on the Hayabusa, which certainly has a more solid engine too. I will be buggered, but the fact is that I consider much of the pleasure of riding the bike in the symphony of its exhausts. I confess I'll probably do twice as much gear just to get that music in my ears (Akrapovic on bmw, waiting Akrapovic for Haya) Many many years ago, when the Go pro was not yet there, I recorded the sound directly from the exhaust and listened to it at home :-) reliving the trip. As GSXRme says, this feeling will be due to the fly by wire, so as soon as we can I will do the mod.

Back