engine mods

bigbusabigbusa

Registered
if you had 3500 to spend on the motor for more power what would you do? i already have brocks alien head and power commander. i am not looking for the most power but am looking for more power without sacrificing durability. i have an 06 with 41000 miles so you can see i like to ride alot and dont want to rebuild every year. i was thinking about 1397, porting the valves running 13 to 1 pistons,removing counter balancer and sending the crank to be lightened. tell me what you think and please give me your ideas. thank you

If you do the 1397 i would stay away from messing with the crank, unless you wanna go ahead and do a 1441 thats just a stock 08 crank with a 1397 kit. Truthfully it would be cheeper to do the 1441 than messing with the factory crank. I was looking into doing the same work to my crank and every builder i talked to said to leave it stock if your riding on the street. But do the head and a good set of cams you will notice big differences even there. The 13 to 1 pistons are harder on the block but i like the sound of high compression :)

But if your looking for the most bang for the buck drop off the brocks exhaust sell it off and put the $$ and the 3500 towards a velocity or Rccturbo. Most effective and reliable way to make over 250hp

Well unfortunately 3500 won't get you the 1441 unless you do all the work yourself, like disassembly and reassembly, unless you go with the bare minimum, then you are still gonna need to find a tuner for your PC.
Posted via Mobile Device

for the $$$$ you have to work with I would do a set of drop in high compression pistons, a head/cam package and try to fit the 08 crank in the budget if you can. If you try www.psychobike.com you can get all of this stuff 2nd hand and save alot of $$$$. I would get the crank new. They arent expensive. I think mine was $675.00 Guys are upgrading all the time and have stuff laying around collecting dust which would sane you $$$$ allowing for $$$$ for HP parts:laugh:

This combo is good for 200hp on motor. Perfect street bike, no overheating, no 24volt starting system. With a small shot of NOS :bowdown:

A gen2/zx14 killer:beerchug:

If you do the 1397 i would stay away from messing with the crank, unless you wanna go ahead and do a 1441 thats just a stock 08 crank with a 1397 kit. Truthfully it would be cheeper to do the 1441 than messing with the factory crank. I was looking into doing the same work to my crank and every builder i talked to said to leave it stock if your riding on the street. But do the head and a good set of cams you will notice big differences even there. The 13 to 1 pistons are harder on the block but i like the sound of high compression :)

And then you have the valves while you are at it, those if you do both, will prings will set you back another few hundred.

Since you want long term durability. I would suggest complete headwork with mild cams. I think Brock's has a few options. This would help compliment the exhaust system you already have. You don't want to split the case because the expense really goes up. At most I would swap pistons so you don't have to really dig into the engine. This should give you a little extra kick while still remaining completely street reliable.

my vote would be the balanced crank, 84mm pistons, some 415 webs, hardcore head work, and tune it with ecuedit. that's my plan eventually.

i had thought about doing the head but was told the head flowed fine the only way i would get any benefit from the headwork was if i put huge cams in it. i was told huge cams are bad for reliability. what do you think. thanks for your suggestions

he wants it to be reliable. He doesnt want it to overheat. the good thing about the yosh cams is that they can be used in a stock engine or a 1397 and perform well.

Back