Experience with a passenger on an R1, or 9R?

OB_CanuckBusa

Registered
My wife likes riding on the back of the Busa. But I have an interest in some of the smaller bikes too. Does anyone have experience with having a passenger ride along on an R1 or 9R? How did they like (tolerate) it? How about those bikes with passenger compared to the Busa? I'm not too concerned about the passenger seat, that can be changed. I'm more interested in how tolerable the seating position is say 2 or more hours down the highway.

Well if she likes having her knees under her chin and not a great deal to hang on to then the R1 would be an exellent choice.

Have a real nice day.

Z

Took my girlfriend for a 250 mile round trip to LA BUSA HQ. (Stir Crazy), last Saturday. Busa was blowing FI fuse, so we took '98 ZX-9. She was ok with it. Even did a minor roll on, on favorable stretch of I-5. (no on ramps). Speedo indicated 120, was probably 105, actual, with 3 teeth added to rear sprocket. We cruised 75 ~ 80 mph most of the way, as long as traffic would allow it. :) Full face a MUST for passenger, at speed.

I rode around with my girlfriend on the back of my R1 for about 30 minutes. She never asked for another ride. She said it was uncomfortable and tried to strangle me after I accelerated a little faster than normal (she waited until we came to a complete stop). She said she felt like she was going to slide right off the seat.

As far as the R1 goes, if you like your woman dont get one! She will hate you and you wont get any nookie for about a month. The seat is very uncomfortable for a passenger(no cushion and knees in their own throat) and when you stop your passenger's helmet(if full face)will hit the back of yours, because of the angle of the seat they seem to slide forward when you stop. If they're wearing an open face helmet find a good dentist, if you have to stop abruptly.

Keep It On One Wheel!

C.Dolan. Thanks for the info. Sounds like you have had your girlfriend on both the Busa and the 9R. How does she think the comfort compares - how cramped is the 9R vs. the Busa? I'm not concerned about the seat (that can be changed). I'm thinking more about the height of the pegs in relation to the seat Busa vs. 9R.

Thanks to the other guys commenting on R1s. Yeah, I dream about R1s but it ain't gonna happen...

Survey says: She takes ZX-9, over R-1 / Takes Busa over ZX-9. Busa seat more comfortable for driver, as well. ....... Re: throttle: Not full throttle. Had her up to 120 indicated ( 105 ~ 110 actual). Didn't need much throttle for that. :)

[This message has been edited by c.dolan (edited 19 March 2000).]

Back