extended swingarm

muskrat

Registered
anyone have any pics of an 08 with a 3" extended swingarm? i think 3" would be just about perfect with the flow of the bike and rear section. not to mention the extension package i found on e-bay starts at 3". anyone do one that length? what about 2"
rock.gif
how would one go about that?

Here's mine I have them set at 6" adjustable to 12" (allthingschrome.net) I had them welded to a stock swingarm.

MY_BUSA_08_008.jpg

Here's mine I have them set at 6" adjustable to 12" (allthingschrome.net) I had them welded to a stock swingarm.
do you have any fender to tire rubbing problems?
I did rub once when I hit a large bump in the road going really fast I had the standard 3 hole dogbone links(slammed) 3 hole about 3".

In the photo I have the 5-hole Roaringtoyz adjustable links. I even ride passengers no problem so far set on 4th hole it's lowered 2 1/2"
ThumbsUp.gif

I am in the process of getting a set from ALLTHINGSCHROME(But Black)swing arm extensions adjustable 3"-9". Why did you have them welded on?  Did you install your self? I want to install mine to save money for more mods.  I am also getting a set of lowering links, I think I am gonna go with 2", but also adjustable to 4".  How much did you lower front,

do you have any fender to tire rubbing problems?
I did rub once when I hit a large bump in the road going really fast I had the standard 3 hole dogbone links(slammed) 3 hole about 3".

In the photo I have the 5-hole Roaringtoyz adjustable links. I even ride passengers no problem so far set on 4th hole it's lowered  2 1/2"  
ThumbsUp.gif
NICE.....what kind of under tail?

I am in the process of getting a set from ALLTHINGSCHROME(But Black)swing arm extensions adjustable 3"-9".   Why did you have them welded on?  Did you install your self? I want to install mine to save money for more mods.  I am also getting a set of lowering links, I think I am gonna go with 2", but also adjustable to 4".  How much did you lower front,
i haven't done any of this yet... waiting until wintertime. post pics of your bike when you get it put on. some at different lengths and b4/after lowering, too. i want to do this but not too drastic so looking for others who have done it to see what it looks like.

here's my 08 with ATC 3-9's from ebay. excellent parts. also soupy's adjustable dog bones for fine tuning the ride height, from ebay. also excellent parts. you will have clearance problems, but the bones are a quick fix. can adjust for a passenger in about 5 min. i tried several ways, but this was the best, short of an air ride. that's next.
smile.gif

busa_reduced.jpg

I am in the process of getting a set from ALLTHINGSCHROME(But Black)swing arm extensions adjustable 3"-9".   Why did you have them welded on?  Did you install your self? I want to install mine to save money for more mods.  I am also getting a set of lowering links, I think I am gonna go with 2", but also adjustable to 4".  How much did you lower front,
It was cheaper for m to go this route then buying aftermarket chrome swingarm .
I bought chain, brake line, extensions, chain gaurd ,weld job and chroming from (ATC)
saved plenty of money.

I am still unsure about lowering the front. I have heard, and read many a contradicting stories about lowering the front when doing the rear. Does anyone know the rule of thumb on lowering front, or rasing the front to match lowering the rear?

I am still unsure about lowering the front.  I have heard, and read many a contradicting stories about lowering the front when doing the rear.  Does anyone know the rule of thumb on lowering front, or rasing the front to match lowering the rear?
Mine has been lowered 7/8" in front for a few months no problems. I heard if you go lower then that you might scrap your exhaust if doing a wheelie and coming too hard, nut if your bike has a extended swingarm you will not have that problem.

I am still unsure about lowering the front.  I have heard, and read many a contradicting stories about lowering the front when doing the rear.  Does anyone know the rule of thumb on lowering front, or rasing the front to match lowering the rear?
Mine has been lowered 7/8" in front for a few months no problems. I heard if you go lower then that you might scrap your exhaust if doing a wheelie and coming too hard, nut if your bike has a extended swingarm you will not have that problem.
What about ride, handeling? Any noticable change when lowered?

Not mine , a members on here and i liked the look of it so i saved it. This is 2"s , nobody makes a 2" extension that i know of.
2overBUSA.jpg

because of the way you attach extensions, you can't get them less than 3 or 4 inches.  the first 2 inches is bolting them on.  A 2 inch stretch can only be achieved by getting a new arm or cutting and welding the stock one.

Back