extended swingarms

Big D's Busa

Registered
I have a 05 busa i am wanting to put that tire on back there i love the look. But i mean i dont think i would want like a 300 series tire or anything. But my question is how hard is it really to put on a extended swingarm?? And wat would be the best place to get one from. I want something like in the price range no more than a thousand??

Putting on an extended arm is no more difficult than putting on a stocker. You will need the arm (Duh!), an extended brake arm, lowering links, (unless you like the hillclimber look!) and if you're going longer than 6, a new brake line. As far as sourcing the arm itself, Golden Child can hook you up with new or used, I'm not sure if Charles at Street and Track offers them, but I'm sure he could point you in the right direction if he doesn't. Both these guys are reputable vendors, and can be trusted.

Noticed you are in Tennessee. You should check out null
I have a 12 inch arm on mine but to be honest I have installed their 300 and 240 swingarms. They actually build most of the arms you buy from alot of the big name shops that advertise them as their own. I can get you one for well under that price no problem these guys are good friends of mine and check out the gallery for some of the crazy work they can do. If you are interested send me a message. This is probably the best time of year to do this so you will not be down for long.

I got mine from Thompsons I think they are in NC. Goldenchild installed it . He sells some nice arms and can get them any size you need. Mine is a 3-9" extended GSX600 arm w/underbracing.

df.JPG

(frisbee @ Oct. 21 2006,01:45) I got mine from Thompsons  I think they are in NC. Goldenchild installed it . He sells some nice arms and can get them any size you need. Mine is a 3-9" extended GSX600 arm w/underbracing.
I'm extending this winter for sure. I was going to go the Gixxer 6 arm - I already have one for the core - but was wondering just how much extra parts you have to change to make it work (ie ... shock linkage, etc.)

Thoughts - is the 600 an easy swap - how much is shock linkage$$$?

Thanks!

I'm sure if Goldenchild doesn't have one you can pick one up on e-bay. The Linkage piece is all you will need

You can just call C&S they probably have the stuff you need and once they get the arm done, you could probably trailer bike down and they will install. They have everything there chain etc. Super nice guys. Not really that far away either.

I think id just do the bold on extensions if i were you m ine are adj. from 2-10 and theyre very easy to install here are a few pic and my bike is about 6 ove rhere

Picture_004.jpg

I got my linkage piece from e-bay . Knowing Goldenchild , he probly has one sitting around.

Back