Few Questions for the pro\'s

OB_robino

Registered
i am a day old member here and read about two hours worth of posts already...
i have a few questions though: what does the clutch mod do? will it eliminate that bog I get when I try to "ride" the clutch? How much is it, where does one buy it, and what are hd springs? can I do hd springs without the clutch mod?
I own a copper '99 Busa stock, and just yesterday I brought it to a local Suzuki dealership so they can tighten the chain and while I waited I saw a Yoshi Tri-Oval titanium exhaust set hanging on the wall/ I had to have it(been dying to change the sound)and they told me they would do the pipe($1100) remap, and installation for an additional $200. I was under the impression that "remap" meant to install the Yosh box so as to tune it properly for the pipe...I can't see how it's only $200 for the labor PLUS the remap. Can they do a remap WITHOUT installing a Yoshi box? If so what's the cost of a Yoshi box and how do I set it for this pipe? I haven't read a post here specifying this particular pipe(tri-oval Yoshi)and I'm curious why>?
As you can tell I have a lot of idiotic questions and I'll be happy if only some would get answered so I know what I'm looking at when I go to pick up the bike from the shop.
Thanks.
P.S.-now that I'll have a pipe do I have to do that Motorhead airbox mod.? Can Motorhead do the mod if I ship the airbox?
How do I go about removing the Pair>? where are they located and what will it do on my bike(will it get rid of any backfire I may have from this new pipe?)
more questions.........sorry.

You might want to shop around for the pipe. There is a lot of guys who post that have pipes that they want to sell. Your best bet is to buy a Power Commander II for the remapping. And yes, you do send the box off to THEMOTORHEAD, I believe he charges $125.00 for the complete air box mod, and he's the best!!! I think that the shop you've been talking to is very high priced (shop around).

The best thing for you to do is to call the motorhead at his shop in ohio and consult with him on what you are looking for and how you need to go about getting there.
His shop is called motorhead performance,
(216)631-4100
E-mail is: themotorhead@aol.com

A remap with a Yosh box remaps you box the yosh box stays at the shop if you get a PC2 then that stays on the box.
Don't ask about the clutch mod just do it.
I would say if they did not block off the pair valve you need to I have plates and I wouls day more but I am off to work

Back