First REAL boosted ride this afternoon...

nitrousjunkie

60 Years Young And Still On A Busa!
Donating Member
Registered
Well, I got my Autometer gauges installed today,took off the intake and went and had it tapped for the boost signal,called Barry's and doubled checked the map,fuel pressure,and rising rate.I got the plenum bolted back down and said hmmmmmmmm.Lets give it a whirl,I twisted the adjustment sleeve on the BOV to raise the boost level,lowered the tank back down and buttoned it all up.Fired her up,slid on my favorite X-11 Shoei and eased down the road.I could tell right away a different sound in the engine,see I had the BOV set real light before,@ about 3-4 lbls.I got Carmen out on the highway,eased out on the clutch,got her rolling and pinned it,The BOV smartly chirped as I shifted to 2nd,holy crap!!!!!! This thing is a different animal now that its got some boost and fuel! OMG the acelleration is like nothing I've ever experienced! Even when I was spraying it it never felt like this.I can assure you, once you go boost, you'll never go back! Posting up more pics tomorrow! The wife and I are going for a turbo ride now with all my buddies,Have fun and happy holidays to all the Hayabusa.org family.NJ.

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134586374 -->

Sounds great, bro! Glad its all you expected. I may have to start saving my pennies!
biggrin.gif

BOOST IS ADDICTING!!!!!

I got mine last march and I will never get rid of this bike..... the accleration is just rediculous.
smile.gif
crank up the BOV to about 8lbs....... anything over 250hp is just wild with stock gearing and a stock arm..... when you can roll away from a piped busa like its a 600 just ain't right
wink.gif

stay safe.... it will get you in trouble VERY quickly.

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134605961 -->

That 1st ride and many that follow are hard to explain...Keep a check on everything and I hope all goes well...

BOOST IS ADDICTING!!!!!

I got mine last march and I will never get rid of this bike.....  the accleration is just rediculous.
smile.gif
  crank up the BOV to about 8lbs.......   anything over 250hp is just wild with stock gearing and a stock arm..... when you can roll away from a piped busa like its a 600 just ain't right
wink.gif

stay safe.... it will get you in trouble VERY quickly.
+1

I won't ever be without a boosted bike again.

Glad the install went well and you are happy.

Well, I got my Autometer gauges installed today,took off the intake and went and had it tapped for the boost signal,called Barry's and doubled checked the map,fuel pressure,and rising rate.I got the plenum bolted back down and said hmmmmmmmm.Lets give it a whirl,I twisted the adjustment sleeve on the BOV to raise the boost level,lowered the tank back down and buttoned it all up.Fired her up,slid on my favorite X-11 Shoei and eased down the road.I could tell right away a different sound in the engine,see I had the BOV set real light before,@ about 3-4 lbls.I got Carmen out on the highway,eased out on the clutch,got her rolling and pinned it,The BOV smartly chirped as I shifted to 2nd,holy crap!!!!!! This thing is a different animal now that its got some boost and fuel! OMG the acelleration is like nothing I've ever experienced! Even when I was spraying it it never felt like this.I can assure you, once you go boost, you'll never go back! Posting up more pics tomorrow! The wife and I are going for a turbo ride now with all my buddies,Have fun and happy holidays to all the Hayabusa.org family.NJ.
Do we see a screen name change in the near future?

Do we see a screen name change in the near future?
I still have a nitrous belching mustang, so I think I'll keep the name.NJ.

Back