Good condition I just ride solo

20240807_145009.jpg

20240807_145000.jpg

20240807_144946.jpg

20240807_144930.jpg

20240807_144914.jpg

Have you ridden a stock Gen1 seat?
You might want to hang on to that Corbin driver seat until you do, lol

Surprisingly the stock seat on my 06 is the only OEM seat I’ve ever liked. Around 60,000 miles or so I bought a new stock seat figuring my azz had been sitting on the original long enough. Maybe it’s the riding position? Sure saved me some money. I’ve had several Corbins on other bikes. Thankfully the Corbin that came with my new old Honda is very comfy. Also saved me some money.

Surprisingly the stock seat on my 06 is the only OEM seat I’ve ever liked. Around 60,000 miles or so I bought a new stock seat figuring my azz had been sitting on the original long enough. Maybe it’s the riding position? Sure saved me some money. I’ve had several Corbins on other bikes. Thankfully the Corbin that came with my new old Honda is very comfy. Also saved me some money.

We know that seats are 100% a personal preference, but I have found one thing about them, all the factory seats are not the same either.
I have worked on and ridden somewhere around 12 to 14 Gen2's(I know this is a Gen1), and sat on a few others, and All of the stock Gen2 seats felt the same, which I disliked...except one. A friend of mine bought one new, as I did, both were 2008's, and seats do break in over time.
But, his seat from brand new, and several thousand miles later, I found to be extremely comfortable, and like no other Gen2 seat I ever sat on(and it looked identical).
I can only attribute that to a difference in foam densitys, and that Suzuki's seat foam supplier did not send the exact same stuff for every seat.
That lead me to wonder how many people got a seat like the majority of the rest of the bikes, and maybe that small difference, low run amount of softer seats can account for a small percentage of riders who love the stock seat.
Just something I've experienced and considered, and over a dozen to one odds isn't a fair number out of tens of thousands or more, but a simple observation.

Back