For the eBay guys

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
www.gixen.com

I usually use auctionsniper.com to get something i wont be around to bid on but that link above is for a free, unlimited auction sniper. Using it now to try and get a few things on eBay. I know there are some eBay guys out there and this is an awesome tool :thumbsup:. I put the little box link above for you to check it out. I have not actually sniped something with it yet. I have an auction that ends in 3 hours, so after that I will tell you if it works well or not. Seems pretty good.

You log in with your eBay username and password which is kind of iffy but i did it anyway because even if someone hacks your eBay account they cant access your Paypal or take any of your money... Anyways, like i said, Ill let you all know in a few hours how it works. Ill be on my last flight back to Jacksonville when the auction ends but ill check my phone to see if i got it when i land.

I don't understand how these programs work.

Do they bid faster than the bids placed in e bay? So if I place a max bid in e bay this progam can place a last second bid of less than my max and win the auction?

this progam can place a last second bid of less than my max and win the auction?

Yes exactly. Its kinda cheating but not really? :laugh:

Heres how it ended up working tonight on the item i tried to get. Turned out myu maximum bid wasnt enough to get the item but thats okay im watching others.

Bidders: 6 Bids: 11 Time Ended: Nov-30-10 14:09:35 PST Duration: 7 days

rj_usmc( 70) US $114.00 Nov-30-10 14:09:29 PST

c***t( 32) US $105.00 Nov-30-10 10:54:34 PST

k***m( 52) US $100.00 Nov-30-10 09:24:59 PST

Notice the end time and my bid time (rj_usmc). It placed a bid in the last 6 seconds. The old sniper i used placed a bid in the final 3 seconds but i think 6 is good enough. Like i said didnt win the item but thats because my maximum bid wasnt high enough. I would say this program works well :thumbsup:. well its not a program because you dont download it. So website would be the better term

Last edited:
Still don't get it. If I put in a max bid in a week ago, your sniper still has to out bid it.

So it still goes to the highest bidder, unless some one is putting in multiple manuel bids of 5 bucks each at the last second and can't keep updating them fast enough.

Isn't it doing exactly the same thing as putting in a e bay bid?

No, you cant bid on ebay really fast or accurate enough to win at the last second so serious ebayers use a service. I used to pay for this, it was a %age of the final price. A sniper program really does increase your odds of winning- but it wont work if someone else has a higher MAX bid amount.

Free is good- I'll have to try it. Good luck !

If you bid your max early in an auction, everyone has the option of increasing their bid a tiny bid each time until they reach your max(hopefully only matching it so you are still the winning bid at the moment). They can then take their time and decide if they want to beat your bid or not, and if they don't, you end up paying your max. Now if you wait until close to the end, you bid and hopefully others watching the auction(especially the bidder who was winning the bidding) don't have a chance to bump up their bid.

Long winded I know, but it basically works because a lot of people don't want to commit to buying items with a lot of time left, and not being able to bid on similar auctions for fear they will win more the one.

I used to buy lots of stuff off e bay, never bid early always waited till near the end, then put in my max bid if the item wasn't already past what I was willing to pay.

I look at the goods decide what I was willing to pay for it. The idea being that beyond that price it wasn't a bargin any more. The object is to get a bargin, not beat some else out of it and pay too much for it in the end.

If the sniper program places your bid 6 seconds from the end of auction, it would seem to me plenty of time for my max bid placed thru e bay to cover it before the auction closes.

If the sniper program places your bid 6 seconds from the end of auction, it would seem to me plenty of time for my max bid placed thru e bay to cover it before the auction closes.

Yeah its a nice tool to have. May be a bit unfair but oh well. I like to get my deals off eBay :thumbsup:

Back