Frame slider idea

craigntx

Registered
why cant sliders be made to use the existing holes in the side fairing?
i mean the holes closest to where the slider holes of today go.
in other words, where the screws hold the fairing on the side?

i bet it can be done!
if somebody makes a million of this, i want a cut

<!--EDIT|craigntx
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141008138 -->

umm they are already being made here is a link for your pleasure.....Also I would advise against due to the bolts are not that strong and it will break being trapped between fairing and ground and tearing up all sorts of crap
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hayabusa-GSXR1300-GSX1300R-FAIRING-PROTECTOR-BOBBINS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ10066QQite
mZ4615483488QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW" target="_blank">CLICK ME</a>

just my .02

John

Simple, bolts not strong enough, and you won't find anyone ready to drill/tap a frame. So, you end up having to use actual structural bolts like we do now.

And besides the bolt being to small and weak, you're pinching your plastic in between and for sure would crack upon a tip over if not from just the stress alone.

Sliders need to be used with the motor mount bolts for structural integrity.

umm they are already being made here is a link for your pleasure.....Also I would advise against due to the bolts are not that strong and it will break being trapped between fairing and ground and tearing up all sorts of crap
CLICK ME

just my .02

John
LINK dosen't work
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|BUTTER2BOY
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141016384 -->

if you brake 1/2" studs off chances are your going to break anything else off.i dont want to cut my plastics and besides my sliders are made to the same contour as the original bolts that go there anyway. i think if you go down hard enough to break them then more than likely your going to loose more than your sliders or endcaps. i just cant go around thinking of crashing or going down, if i did i probably wouldnt be riding.i waer all my gear the important things are me and my family the bike can be fixed alot easier than me so... i would rather not destroy my bodywork prematuraly and wait to have a spill and see how it comes out if and when it happens... my 2 cents.lol
smile.gif

Back