Friends,  GGGGGRRRRR

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
My buddy invites me over to watch some football with him. So far so good. What he fails to tell me is that they did a lousy job clearing his street from the severe storm we had on Thursday and that it is a solid sheet of ice from the sun melting it during the day and it refreezing at night. He also failed to tell me that he didn't clear his driveway which had a burm of refrozed slush from the little bit plowing they attempted to do.

Since he was out for church this morning, I did't imagine that he hadn't cleared the driveway. I came around the corner on the sheet of ice and slid into the ice birm at the end of his driveway. The attached picture says it all. When I asked him why he didn't warn me, he said that his van only drug bottom a liitle, it wasn't that bad. My Eclipse doesn't have quite that much ground clearance.

If my driveway were in that condition, I wouldn't invite anyone over. I know it's my fault since I was driving, but if he knew his driveway was a hazzard, he should have at least warned me. Am I wrong for being a little mad at him?

100_1644__Medium_.JPG

thats a bid situation,mostly everone would be upset. i think you have said all you can and still be a friend to him.

Well if you weren't friends, you could have a case (depending upon your city/state laws).

that sucks...From my experience of living in St. Louis during college, you guys can't drive on the snow/ice anyhow.
all_coholic.gif
Just go back and hit it real hard and make it worth your insurance claim.

(300Busa @ Dec. 03 2006,19:37) that sucks...From my experience of living in St. Louis during college, you guys can't drive on the snow/ice anyhow.  
all_coholic.gif
I grew up in Pennsylvania and lived in the West Virginia mountains for 5 years. I have plenty of experience driving in less than ideal conditions. I guess some of it was that I've been to his house so much I was coming in on auto-pilot. I have another nose I can bolt on the car, but it won't match the paint.

you should kick your own arse for buying a fiberglass front end. those things break WAY to easy.

And you cant expect someone that drives a minivan to give a custom car owner a heads up.

They think on a whole nother level.

And we all know that sport tires do not perform well on ice.

Let it go, tip a cold one and call the insurance company.
beerchug.gif

(BusaWhipped @ Dec. 03 2006,19:40)
(300Busa @ Dec. 03 2006,19:37) that sucks...From my experience of living in St. Louis during college, you guys can't drive on the snow/ice anyhow.  
all_coholic.gif
I grew up in Pennsylvania and lived in the West Virginia mountains for 5 years.  I have plenty of experience driving in less than ideal conditions.  I guess some of it was that I've been to his house so much I was coming in on auto-pilot.   I have another nose I can bolt on the car, but it won't match the paint.
I was just messin. They did cancel my finals one time because it snowed. You could still see the grass coming up through the snow.

Here in Kansas they call that inattentave driving. It's not his fault you drove your car through an ice burm. I think you are just frustrated because your car is damaged. Have you tried this
all_coholic.gif
to calm down? Thank goodness for insurance. Good luck!!
super.gif

(Moparict @ Dec. 03 2006,20:51) Here in Kansas they call that inattentave driving. It's not his fault you drove your car through an ice burm. I think you are just frustrated because your car is damaged. Have you tried this
all_coholic.gif
to calm down? Thank goodness for insurance. Good luck!!
super.gif
wow
newbie.gif
starting off that 2nd post to make friends.

(heavybusa @ Dec. 03 2006,20:07)
(Moparict @ Dec. 03 2006,20:51) Here in Kansas they call that inattentave driving.  It's not his fault you drove your car through an ice burm.  I think you are just frustrated because your car is damaged.  Have you tried this  
all_coholic.gif
  to calm down?  Thank goodness for insurance.  Good luck!!  
super.gif
wow  
newbie.gif
ImageShack Links Do Not Work

(heavybusa @ Dec. 03 2006,18:07)
(Moparict @ Dec. 03 2006,20:51) Here in Kansas they call that inattentave driving.  It's not his fault you drove your car through an ice burm.  I think you are just frustrated because your car is damaged.  Have you tried this  
all_coholic.gif
super.gif
wow  
newbie.gif
Hate to say it but i agree with the newbie. Snow and ice driving is hazardous.....should always be looking out and ready for what may come your way.

Sucks though, insurance time
wink.gif

Good Friends always leave out the details knowing we can read their minds.

Sorry about the car.

(mofuggahere @ Dec. 03 2006,20:39)
all_coholic.gif
super.gif
wow  
newbie.gif
Hate to say it but i agree with the newbie. Snow and ice driving is hazardous.....should always be looking out and ready for what may come your way.

wink.gif
ices_rofl.gif
experience much of that in Florida do ya?

(mofuggahere @ Dec. 03 2006,18:39)
all_coholic.gif
super.gif
wow  
newbie.gif

wink.gif
Just telling it like it is
wink.gif

wink.gif

Back