Fuel pump

Brandons21

Registered
I have an 06 Hayabusa lately I’ve noticed my fuel pump won’t whine when I turn the primer on but I hear the relay click. I’ll unplug fuel pump from power and plug it back up then the pump will prime. I ride down the road for about 1-1.5 miles come to a stop and my bike dies. Turn primer on and pump does not engage, unplug it again plug it back up and it primes again. What kind of problem am I looking at? Thank you for any help.

Do you know the location of it in the bike? Is it on the left side of the speedometer with that set of fuses or somewhere else on the bike?

Do you know the location of it in the bike? Is it on the left side of the speedometer with that set of fuses or somewhere else on the bike?
If it’s like my gen2 was, the relay lives on the left (clutch) side of the battery behind the tail section fairing. Below is a pic of a gen2 from another thread. Mine left me stranded and I had to hardwire the pump to ride back home. It would test good on the bench but, like @sixpack577
Mentioned, it would fail open under load. I decided to purchase 2 just so I could carry a spare in my tool bag.

IMG_8754.jpeg

If it’s like my gen2 was, the relay lives on the left (clutch) side of the battery behind the tail section fairing. Below is a pic of a gen2 from another thread. Mine left me stranded and I had to hardwire the pump to ride back home. It would test good on the bench but, like @sixpack577
Mentioned, it would fail open under load. I decided to purchase 2 just so I could carry a spare in my tool bag.

View attachment 1686738
I have a Gen 1 but I’m sure it’s around the same area thank you my man

Back