Garrett TB22

black07busa

Registered
I have a pair of Garrett TB22 from a turbo upgrade that I did to my Z. What I wanted to know can these turbos be used on the busa. I am new to the busa so I am not sure which turbos are used for the turbo kits. If so I will eihter list them on the classified forum or Ebay, not sure yet.???

what kind of exhaust flange are they?
I was looking for the flange type, could not find anything online, I will check when I get home. I also came across some information about the turbo type. It is actually a Garrett T25.

pictures help...

Okay, I have ben tring to find more info online, no luck:banghead: I did get some pics from a site that shows the inlet and outlet side of the turbo. I don't know if this is enough informatin to figure it out.

imagemagic1.jpg

imagemagic.jpg

you could use that as a turbo for your bike man. the main issue would be that you'd really have to hog out the wastegate outlet to avoid boost creep.

my mistake
it appears there is a .375 inch or so difference in width
the T25 (also known as a T2 flange) is smaller then a T3 flange

You could use these turbos,........but they are will run out of air before redline on a Busa. They will not produce the needed 21-23 lbs/min of air at 6 lbs. of boost. A compressor map would be nice to see. I see the compressor A/R is only .049. A great turbo for a 600 or 750. Just my 2 cents!!!

You could use these turbos,........but they are will run out of air before redline on a Busa. They will not produce the needed 21-23 lbs/min of air at 6 lbs. of boost. A compressor map would be nice to see. I see the compressor A/R is only .049. A great turbo for a 600 or 750. Just my 2 cents!!!

i have to disagree bro, those turbos will support over 500 whp from a 3.0l v6. that means the pair will make at least 25 lbs/min a piece. perhaps not at 6psi, but you could probably sell the pair and get a decent single.

i have to disagree bro, those turbos will support over 500 whp from a 3.0l v6. that means the pair will make at least 25 lbs/min a piece. perhaps not at 6psi, but you could probably sell the pair and get a decent single.

I agree to sell them,.....and get a single,.......for sure. But one doesn't want a turbo that runs up to or beyond the choke line on the compressor map. That is why I mentioned 6 lbs. This would not be an optimum turbo for a Stage 1 setup on a Busa. The efficiency would probably drop below 60% the closer you get to redline,.........and the smaller compressor housing makes more heat the higher the turbine spins. Low effficiency and high heat,.......a combination for detonation,........which equals KA-BOOOOOOOOM!! Would you agree??

o, gotcha, 6 psi is max on a stock motor. what about using them in parallel? so you have to flow 22 or so lbs/min at 6 psi? damn, no wonder everyone uses such huge turbos.

Back