Gen 3 Busa question

drsureshmohan

Registered
Hello friends I’m 65 yrs old and I’ve been riding since 16 , I live in India .My present bike is a Ninja 1000 which I own since last 6 yrs . India is hot probably like summer in Arizona . I ride to work at least 4 times a week and once a fortnight I do a 100 mile ride . My Busa should come in a month or two . My question is how hot does the engine feel while commuting under 30 miles inside city . I don’t think weight would be an issue as the ninja is only 40 pounds less. Oh to reduce the engine heat quite a bit I replaced the coolant with de ionised water + water wetter combo on my ninja . Anyone has tried on the gen 3 ?
Thanks

the fairings do a good job at directing the heat away from the rider compared to other sport bikes. something to consider, the suzuki blue coolant is good for 4 years. the wetter water additive is good for 1 year.

My H2 SX SE chucked out more heat, or at least it was more noticeable for the rider.

I live in Qld / Australia. High 30’s C and even low 40’s C (100F) aren’t rare here. I wear proper bike gear on all my rides, and to be honest the bike copes better than I do. I’ve used various Busa’s for the last 20 years, even stop start traffic in the city or back to back runs at the drags, both in the middle of Summer have never given the bike any dramas.

Me wearing boot, jeans, leather jacket, gloves, full face means I feel the heat a lot more than the bikes does.

A few lads I know run turbo Busa’s here on the street, first thing they do is to remove the oil cooler to fit the turbo in the same spot, again, they never mention issues with the heat.

I live in Nevada a lot like Arizona. I wear a wet vest. The bike doesn't put off half as much heat as the highway pavement.

Welcome to the world of a Hayabusa.

Back