Gen 3 quickshift issue/questions

Viridis

Registered
Hi everyone, I have a few questions.
I bought the 2024 model about a month ago (currently @ 400kms) which replaced my K8 GSXR-1000 which I owned for over 10 years, and yesterday thought I would start using the quickshift instead of the traditional gear change.
1* Using this for the 1st time on a mountain ride probably wasn't the smartest idea.
Approaching a corner and quickshift from 2nd to 1st resulted in landing in Neutral.... this happened twice in less than a dozen downshift attempts.
Has anyone else had this issue?
Also in the event one were to accidentally land in neutral during a downshift, what is the safest course of action?
Use clutch to go back to 2nd or use clutch to go to the intended 1st?
Or (I am doubtful here)quickshift to one of those gears?
For the rest of the ride I only used quickshift from 2>6 and from 6>2 and used clutch for 1>2 and 2>1
2* I also noticed that a couple of times on a seperate occasion the TFT was displaying the gear changing back an forth when I was clearly in gear, (this was when I was using the clutch) Suzuki said that it was related to the quickshifter but after them connecting it to their computer the said it was correctly calibrated, or within spec.
3* The quickshift from 1st to 2nd feels quite clunky compared to the other gears which so far seem relatively smooth. (Happens with both QS1 and QS2 mode)
Would this clunkiness be doing any damage/ increased and tear?
Thanks everyone.

There are lots of posts here...the Gen3 quickshifter is sadly junk...yet works fantastic on the Gsxr1000.
Suzuki should be ashamed for still not fixing it.
Sorry to hear that you're having issues with yours.

There are lots of posts here...the Gen3 quickshifter is sadly junk...yet works fantastic on the Gsxr1000.
Suzuki should be ashamed for still not fixing it.
Sorry to hear that you're having issues with yours.
Yes, it's hard to believe Suzuki has had a QS on it's bikes for a while yet couldn't seem to get it right on the gen 3..........

Back