Gen1 240 kit help

David Rog

Registered
bought a 06 with a poorly installed 240 kit. Anyone able to shed some light on the frame grinding? There wasn’t an offset sprocket installed and chain rubbed on the tire. I’ve dug through old posts. Couldnt find a real clear picture of exactly where to grind.

IMG_0965.jpeg

IMG_0662.png

IMG_0661.png

I think they all look better with a 2-4” stretch. Never ridden one and a 190/200 rear is big enough to suit me. When the tire extends beyond the bodywork it just looks bad IMO. My 06 and yours from the side, and all Hayabusas really, you can see the center of the tire looks to be too far forward and should be right under the high point of the hump. It doesn’t appear so pronounced on mine for some reason, see yours compared to mine.? Wonder if mine (is) farther back. :rolleyes:

View attachment 1683896

View attachment 1683897

I think they all look better with a 2-4” stretch. Never ridden one and a 190/200 rear is big enough to suit me. When the tire extends beyond the bodywork it just looks bad IMO. My 06 and yours from the side, and all Hayabusas really, you can see the center of the tire looks to be too far forward and should be right under the high point of the hump. It doesn’t appear so pronounced on mine for some reason, see yours compared to mine.? Wonder if mine (is) farther back. :rolleyes:
71833552637__AC6FD948-BA86-4962-B2B0-60F1FF513274.jpeg

It’s the angle. This bike did have a little lowering link on it

Back