going to Istanbul, Turkey

jwcfbd

Administrator
Donating Member
Registered
Work is sending 7 of us out to Istanbul, Turkey for about a week to do an engine change on a 757. I have to be at work at 6:00 in morning, catch the 9am flight here in Atlanta and arrive there at what will be 2am Monday here. Once there we will go right to work getting all of our stuff organized for the job at hand. The best part about the trip out there is that it starts on my off day. So I start the day off at time and a half and after 8 hours I go to double time. I'll be on double time before we even get off the ground in NY because of a 4 hour layover.
egitarre77.gif
From NY it's 10 hours to there and then however we can stay on the clock once there. We'll be working 12 hour days until the job is done and then return back home. This is going to be my first time flying outside of the states so I'm really looking forward to this.
muscle.gif
It's going to make for a nice paycheck.
super.gif

I don't know what they have for internet so I don't know if I'll be around but I will post pictures once I get a chance.

stopped by Istanbul in '92 while in the uncle's canoe club... lots of great archatecture in the older parts. Russian Navy was there too. pretty cool uniforms. Tuborg beer was $1 a 40, or a 12oz coke was $2... I'm a cheapazz, so I had to go w/ the brew
cool.gif
you can get good deals on leather jackets, just watch what you're getting... some poor quality ones out there too. enjoy and stay safe
beerchug.gif

Was there in 92' myself, 21 years old. Really cool sites to see as well...make sure you see the underground city if you have time.

Being out of the US gives you a different perspective on the world.

Enjoy the trip, be safe, and bring us PIX!

Bon voyage.
beerchug.gif

The Istanbul airport is one of the nicest airports I have spent time in. Istanbul is a fantastic city with a very rich history and all the modern creature comforts. Make sure that you get a proper Turkish bath in which they soak you down and scrub your entire body with a abrasive mitt. All of the built up dead skin just floats away with the soapy water. In some places it is a man doing the scrubbing and in others it is a woman wearing very little due to the heat and hard work so ask at the desk about who will do the job.
If you have a night to party, make sure that you go to the Dinner/Disco named Reina. It is advertised quite thoroughly in the magazines and billboards. That place has the cream of the crop when it comes to high society people, stunners are everywhere once you get inside. Plasma screen TVs in the floors and walls. Pretty high end if you like to dress up and go out.
I have tons of pictures of Istanbul...

It thought it was Istancow? Hmmmmm.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Have fun over there. You should be able to find a net connection. Send pics!

--Wag--

biggrin.gif

We have some members in Instanbul. Sounds like a meet/greet to me.  
beerchug.gif
I can't think of his name, but the one member who takes the awesome photos is from Istanbul. He just bought a GSXR 1000 in addition to his two (I think) Busas. His avatar is in black-and-white. Anyone have a better memory than me?

We have some members in Instanbul. Sounds like a meet/greet to me.  
beerchug.gif
I can't think of his name, but the one member who takes the awesome photos is from Istanbul.  He just bought a GSXR 1000 in addition to his two (I think) Busas.  His avatar is in black-and-white.  Anyone have a better memory than me?
That is who I was thinking of, but cant remember his name. From the pics he has a shop, might just be his personal garage.

Back