Got to ride today, first time in a month

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
The weather her has been crappy for almost a month. I got the chance to get out today for about 3 hours. Just a pic to show you what we accomplished.

Don

maxspeed.jpg

Tuck and roll. Need to get at least 10 more. Didn't you say it dyno'd at 190.
beerchug.gif

(dadofthree @ Jan. 26 2007,22:25) Tuck and roll. Need to get at least 10 more. Didn't you say it dyno'd at 190.
beerchug.gif
Yes max speed on the dyno was 190. But I weigh 250 so getting to 190 will take a little more road than I have in that spot.

At 180mph you're doing 264ft/sec (almost a football field). Given that it takes 1.0 - 1.3 secs for you to recognize and react to a situation. If something happens w/i 250 feet, you're screwed. I didn't stay up there long, just wanted it to blip over 170.

Don

(Shibumi @ Jan. 26 2007,22:36) Any idea what the speedo read at 172 actual?
With a very very quick glance, the best I could tell was between 180 and 185. Only one very very quick glance right before I rolled off the throttle and eased out of the tuck to slow down. I didn't touch the brakes until I got down to about 140 (speedo).

Don

nice
beerchug.gif
is this what you have in store for GSXcite thie year?
laugh.gif

175, 190 you're screwed. I will say this, the bike handles well at speed; so if something does happen react; don't lock up.

I'm at 250 or better fully geared out and the bike will peg with tach left.

Don't do it because of me. I'm big on telling folks not to exceed comfort, machine, or skills.

Amazing bike.
bowdown.gif

(Shibumi @ Jan. 26 2007,20:36) Any idea what the speedo read at 172 actual?
184, 185, use the max speed on a GPS. Don't be looking at the gauge cluster.
tounge.gif

Nice run... I need to get me one of them there GPSs... I've bounced my needle once... great pic, just be careful!
beerchug.gif

nice speed trial...i myself never look at the speedometer when she is goes into triple digits.
i just dont want to sneak a peak at the gps or gauge.
it would give me a good reason to back off the throttle if i did.

Back