GP Shift pattern on Gen 3 BUSA ?

This is the gsxr1000R with factory quick shifter.
Technically you should be able to flip the arm on the upper shaft 180° to accomplish GP shifting.
I also have the factory service manual, but it makes no mention of GP shifting being an option.
The gen3 QS design is basically the same, so again, technically possible.
I have not tested it, but if the shift shaft height is adjusted within spec, it should work, as there is room for the shift shaft to move toward the rear, to connect to a flipped upper arm.

20220523_181119.jpg

This is the gsxr1000R with factory quick shifter.
Technically you should be able to flip the arm on the upper shaft 180° to accomplish GP shifting.
I also have the factory service manual, but it makes no mention of GP shifting being an option.
The gen3 QS design is basically the same, so again, technically possible.
I have not tested it, but if the shift shaft height is adjusted within spec, it should work, as there is room for the shift shaft to move toward the rear, to connect to a flipped upper arm.

View attachment 1651348
Wonder if it would make the fancy electronics act weird when you hit to up shift, but it downshifts?

Wonder if it would make the fancy electronics act weird when you hit to up shift, but it downshifts?

The computer shouldn't be able to tell, as the electronics are working the same, and the mechanical is almost the same, only the leverage is moved to the opposite side at the shift shaft, so the shifter itself needs pushed instead of pulled, and vice versa.
The vertical shift rod still travels in the same direction, as does the shift shaft internally.

If the QS is in the linkage of the shifter mech, then it may get all funky. Generally, when you get an aftermarket QS, they ask you if you have reg or gp shift as the strain gauge has to be able to know the difference.
But don't take it as gospel either - I could be shooting it out my rear... lol

Can you take a pic, I tried to flip mine and the linkage is to close to work

Did you try to flip the knuckle on the shaft or did you rotate it? I have mine GP as well and works fine once you get the lever height dialed in. Post a picture we can help

Did you try to flip the knuckle on the shaft or did you rotate it? I have mine GP as well and works fine once you get the lever height dialed in. Post a picture we can help
I tried both, either way my linkage lever doesn't allow it to mount on the shaft

So I successfully flipped it, however when riding with the quickshifter it's acting funky and sometimes won't shift and will blink flashing a QS on the dash... If the shifter has an auto blip for the down shifts, I'm wondering if I have to actually flip the QS around so it's actually going in the correct direction

So I successfully flipped it, however when riding with the quickshifter it's acting funky and sometimes won't shift and will blink flashing a QS on the dash... If the shifter has an auto blip for the down shifts, I'm wondering if I have to actually flip the QS around so it's actually going in the correct direction

I’ll be back to my bike Thursday night and will send you a picture. Mine works flawlessly both up and down shifts. It took me a few adjustments of lever height for my up shifts to feel solid. I don’t have it angled as far down as it was stock originally and had to point it down a little more for the geometry to be more stock for the ups to work every time.

76A8BDAF-ADC5-4F44-9F4A-CF3F37C5990B.jpeg

I have about 700 miles on my bike like this. QS works up and down never a hiccup. Quite a few 60-175 runs on it as well. Biggest thing I noticed was making sure the actual lever is pointed down more than straight. Idk if that had to do with actual lever geometry/travel or was just in my head with me not being able to move my foot like I thought I was.

Are ANY.... ANY OF YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT A GEN 3?????????????? All I see and hear "it should work, my GSX1000 works, my GEN 2 works" There is no frickin room to 'flip' the knuckle on the Gen 3. Look at one...
oooooooorrrr correct me... I'm all ears and eyes.. Also IF you get it to 'flip'.. ON FRICKIN COURSE IT HAS TO PUSH PULL IN THE CORRECT AND PREVIOUS DIRECTION. How else will it work.?. wow...

Are ANY.... ANY OF YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT A GEN 3?????????????? All I see and hear "it should work, my GSX1000 works, my GEN 2 works" There is no frickin room to 'flip' the knuckle on the Gen 3. Look at one...
oooooooorrrr correct me... I'm all ears and eyes.. Also IF you get it to 'flip'.. ON FRICKIN COURSE IT HAS TO PUSH PULL IN THE CORRECT AND PREVIOUS DIRECTION. How else will it work.?. wow...
Yes we are talking about a gen 3 the picture above is a gen 3, it will fit in a GP shift pattern you have to play with it to get it right. And you also have to flip the shifter to Quick shifter so it's going in the correct push-pull pattern

Back