Has this happened to you?

trkkshotbry

Registered
OK heres the scenario:

Pulling away from a light I let her rip in 1st and rev it up to 8 or 9k then drop the throttle and pull the clutch simultaneously. The engine quits. The tach just drops all the way to 0. Might happen when I grab second but im releasing the clutch and back on the gas so quick it restarts and pulls away without me noticing  but I wonder if any of you had this happen to you and what the possible causes could be. Doesnt seem to matter if the bike is cold or warmed up. Ive noticed it happening a couple times recently and once even when I was getting on the highway and revved it up in 3rd gear, and hesitated with the shift because I was catching traffic pretty quick and I was setting up to skip shift on up to 6th and enter a more sedate cruise mode.

ANY IDEAS?
Bryan

Tip over switch? Ignition switch? It doesn't sound to me like a fuel pump, as they drop off. Not the instant engine stop you're describing. Try posting this in the technicle section, you'll get more eyes looking at it. Good luck--JT

Tech section addressed this issue many time.
See what ya get for being lazy? Now I look kinda stupid but Ill recover.

Thanks for the help
Bryan

Set you’re idle to 1,000 rpm and it will relive your problem.

agreed. mine did that until I upped the idle when it was new. now I think I could drive it underwater and it would still run great.

Back