Hayabusa 1300 in sports racer

OB_BarryW.

Registered
1. Do a search on cam chain failures. A month or so ago someone posted regarding Busa-powered race cars in the U.K. Evidently they were failing cam chains in that application due to rapid engine deceleration, but I don't know if was because of the factory chain tensioner or not. Jay from APE (manufactures aftermarket tensioners) was involved in some of the posts.

4.) I know MOTORHEAD has mentioned using overdrive 5th and 6th gears on his turbo engine, but I'm not sure who sells them.

5.) Need more info. regarding class rules that you'll be under. For example, if you can run a turbo you could probably get 250+ hp with good low end and midrange power (good in a car) and good reliability.

[This message has been edited by BarryW. (edited 09 July 2000).]

We have a customer that has contracted to build a lot of 'busa motors for SCCA racing. They are doing the first two now. Seems to be the ideal motor for that class, with the Yamaha R1 being the choice for the 1000cc class.

Jay

The engines have to be normally aspirated.

The motorcycle engines seem to have so much more potential than the car engines that people are giving them a serious look. The Hayabusa in stock form puts out about the same power as a fully race prepped 1600cc automtive engine. Add in the sequential shifter and the upside seems so great that it's worth having to reengineer the rear of the car.

If you're allowed to modify the displacement of the Busa up to the 1600cc level you referenced...OOH LA LA :redface: Someone in the U.K. is making stroker cranks. I've seen somewhere around 1550cc referenced for this setup on another thread. Again, MOTORHEAD is the guy to ask, I think he has a stroker crank ordered. He has his own site (www.motorhead.com...I think) and is a helpful resource.

You're right, it would be tough for a car engine to compete against this thing, basically because it's essentially a factory-engineered racing engine to begin with. When you consider its weight also includes a six speed transmission, it's amazing. If you don't know of anyone running one personally, you should go check out the Legends (Dwarfs) running at the local circle tracks to get ideas on setup in a car chassis.

-Good Luck

tts makes the cranks and are set to be released in a few weeks.they are 71.5 mmstroke and are made from en-40 billet british steel.basically the same material as all top fuel cars today.

oh i bought a spare motor for 3000 usd including wire harness and airbox and injectors.the going rate is anywhere from 25-4200.though i have never seen one sell for00 only a rumor.

I'm considering using the Hayabusa 1300 in an SCCA C Sports Racer. I have a lot of questions.

1. Is anyone aware of such an installation?

2. How much will a new, stock engine cost?

3. Are used engines available?

4. Are custom gearsets available?

5. How much power could I expect to see in a fully race prepped engine?

In addition to that car, there is at least one English-built Radical C Sports Racer running in the U.S. using the Hayabusa engine.

Does anyone know the stock static compression and lifts/duration?

How responsive is the engine to standard hotrodding tactics like head milling, and increased cam lift and duration?

I have been runing one in my dwarf car since march.Our rules look to be a little differant than yours.We have a 1250cc limit and 210 cranking pressure.no porting or polishing.I have kept the motor as stock as i can just to see how it compares to the older gsxr raised to a 1250.

Back