Hayabusa ALL Exhausts Comparison Video

simpsonkenneth

Registered
I found this video which compare all exhausts for Hayabusa

Very helpful if you are thinking which exhausts to upgrade and find the best sound you like.

You can click on the video for all exhausts timestamps & links

Which exhaust you liked the most?

IDK...hardly a good comparison scientifically speaking.
Different environments,different rev ranges,some sound bites from start up,some going thru the gears...
Where'd they get all the sound bites...youtube?
If you were going to all that trouble how about some consistency,maybe a visual dB meter.Maybe the sound at idle,then held at 4K (normal cruising speed),then 8K across the board. I'd equate the whole video to a kid's toy as opposed to an' accurate sound comparison.
The overly friendly/happy announcer guy...I wanna punch him in the face,
Rubb.

No disrespect....I like being "special" my momma always told me I was.....however I digress.

This video displays sound only and just like Rubb says at very specific rev ranges...what about weight, performance, price?

I figure these are all more important than how it sounds.

IDK...hardly a good comparison scientifically speaking.
Different environments,different rev ranges,some sound bites from start up,some going thru the gears...
Where'd they get all the sound bites...youtube?
If you were going to all that trouble how about some consistency,maybe a visual dB meter.Maybe the sound at idle,then held at 4K (normal cruising speed),then 8K across the board. I'd equate the whole video to a kid's toy as opposed to an' accurate sound comparison.
The overly friendly/happy announcer guy...I wanna punch him in the face,
Rubb.

No disrespect....I like being "special" my momma always told me I was.....however I digress.

This video displays sound only and just like Rubb says at very specific rev ranges...what about weight, performance, price?

I figure these are all more important than how it sounds.

Sorry, couldn’t watch the video. My phone inexplicably turned off after “congrats you’re special because only special people upgrade their exhaust”
You guys are killin me with that warm welcome you just gave him :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:. Let's be real fellas alot of people upgrade exhaust only for sound those of us that do it for the power and such put our research time in and like mister Rubb has said many times they are all real close anyway and really just matters what you like the look and sound of. That being said thanks for the heads up so I didn't watch the video :lol: :laugh:

You guys are killin me with that warm welcome you just gave him :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:. Let's be real fellas alot of people upgrade exhaust only for sound those of us that do it for the power and such put our research time in and like mister Rubb has said many times they are all real close anyway and really just matters what you like the look and sound of. That being said thanks for the heads up so I didn't watch the video :lol: :laugh:
Not his first post...we already welcomed him...now he is fair game.

Missing the "Your sound may vary" disclaimer but otherwise a harmless general index
"Harmless"...
eye brow.gif
My time is important,to me anyway...and they say "Time is money"...so I'd like to ask for a full refund on my 15 seconds,
Rubb.

One thing I noted about my Yosh system is it's grumbly on idle, is quiet at lower revs and gets real nasty when the throttle is twisted...almost a perfect combo.

5 Busa's,maybe a dozen exhausts for me. The 3 factors I would look at first don't include sound or performance.One manufacturer claims 10 HP another claims 12. They are both probably lying.:laugh:
The things that I found that were important to me were fitment,weight and durability. Does the system fit properly and have decent ground clearance?How much modification is needed and once installed how big of a PITA is it to re and re the oil filter for example? Everybody is on about weight. Definitely a factor,especially for the gram counters. Durability/longevity. Exhaust systems are expensive. How pizzed off are you to be when the header cracks?
As @Dopey pointed out above,the sound makes a big diff to some (myself included). I would agree. But I would not base that decision on a krappy video or someone's personal description. "It's loud,but not too loud." "My system sounds throaty." Youtube vids: "Here's my bike in an' alley." "Here she is roaring thru a valley or city street,etc." "The recording was made with my cell phone mic or Gopro." If sound is your main concern,perhaps go to bike nights or stop every Busa owner you see and check out the sound for yourself.Whats ear-splitting and deafing,raspy,crackling or backfiring is music to some,its krap to another.
Its a personal choice thing,and for a lot of bikers its probably the #1 most done large mod.How many times have riders torn off a perfectly functioning stock exhaust,sometimes before it even leaves the dealership. The other thing for me is looks. I don't care for shorty cans. My favs probably wont be anybody else's.
Best system I had according to my criteria:
Hindle.
Most unique looking:
HMF hi-mount (Gen I) and Vance & Hines slip-ons (Gen II)

11.jpg

vh.png

But for what this thread is all about...sound...when you blast by another bike likes its standing still and you have it pinned at 12,000 +, well that my friends is music to my ears. When that guy catches you at the next pit-stop and remarks he thought he was being passed by a low flying jet fighter...It brings a little smirk to my face.

a.jpg

Like the announcer said..."We are all special people" I just happen to be "Special Needs"
rofl.gif

The unique Hayabusa sound
Rubb.

Back