Haybusa 1999 and 2000 hidden changes

KawAbuser, Can't seem to get you by email but I see you're here on this board - I'm really interested in those barend mirrors. Please let me know if you're a source.
Thanks

CaveDweller, I am sorry for not getting right back to you on the mirrors. I have been very busy and I am just slugging away at replies on many subjects. And my email service sometimes delivers my mail late. Please sen dme a new email so it is on top and I dont loos track of it.

I will get the info out tonight.

Hemillard@snet.net

I noticed another difference, maybe insignificant: the indicator for the TPS adjustment is shown on the '99 manual as "C00-", and on mine shows up as "-C00".

CaveDweller the mirrors are not MADE by Lockhart Philips and they do not COST $80.

Seems odd, for the most part I have met people that I have ridden with.

Valklex, the '99 service manual shows it as -C00 (page 4-30)!

KawAbuser, I started a thread at the LABusas board titled "Changes to Y2K Busas (other than color)". Here's the link:

http://www.labusas.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000030.html

The only major difference I've discovered is the lack of oil return tank on the Y2K. I will check the underside of the fuel tank and compare to my '99. I'll let you know ...

--Felix

Sorry Felix about the "C00-" on the manual. It is from a technical update seminar that Bob was nice enough to fax me. This is the document that specifies the 2,000 rpm shift point on the TPS from middle to high.
I 'll check your thread again over LAbusas.
Have a nice weekend!
JC

Coco, you own a 99 and a 2000. Could you take a look at the bottom of ther fuel tanks,and compare brackets and petcock and fuel line routing.

I have recieved information that there are differances with the tank bottoms between the 99 and 00.

An other change is the addition of a fairing bracket to close up the lowers leading edge below the oil cooler.

It has been my experience that manufacturers will have the most sturdy product the first production run. After that they start looking to cut corners and maximize profit. I don't deny that they do correct some problems also. My $0.02

Considering the price increase for 2000 along with high demand and selling prices at or close to MSRP I highly doubt that component's standard has been minimized. I suspect some of the differences are improved parts based on customer feedback and testing.

First year production run is always improved upon. From coffee makers to cars to motorcycles to condoms.
Customer feedback? Recalls? Just some of the reasons. There is nothing like a production run to expose problems.

Back