Headlight Replacement

well, please an' thanks.....(yer new nickname)

you just remove the black plastic from beneath the front fairing. Push in on the black plastic fasteners to remove them.

Reach up inside,twist the low beam housing counter-clockwise and remove.

Don't touch the new bulb with yer fingers(it shortens its life,grab it by the plastic part only).

then re/re and yer done.

don't forget yer manners.... RSD.

Thanks for the info, I DO apprecciate it!  It seems like riding around with the high beam might be draining my battery.

Again, thanks!

Dash surround and gauge removal is easier. You can see what you need to do and you don't need to get a dwarf contortionist.....

rock.gif

I tried getting the bulb from underneath and I guess my fat arse arm doesn't really fit.  How can I get to it via guage removal?  Is there an easy way to remove it?
Thx,
TB

rock.gif

I tried getting the bulb from underneath and I guess my fat arse arm doesn't really fit.  How can I get to it via guage removal?  Is there an easy way to remove it?
Thx,
TB
you can take off what we call the inners,those black plastic dash pieces. Sounds like you have the big hands problem,lots of us suffer frm that around here, good luck with lo beam replacement. RSD.

I was able to take off the inners and get to the light bulb from around the handle bars.  I now have the new bulb in but I cannot get the stink'in clip back around the bulb.  What the heck is the clip supposed to be clipped to?  It feels like there is a lip but for the life of me, I cannot get it to grab onto anything.  Any suggestions?  Thx,  TB  
mad.gif

I was able to take off the inners and get to the light bulb from around the handle bars.  I now have the new bulb in but I cannot get the stink'in clip back around the bulb.  What the heck is the clip supposed to be clipped to?  It feels like there is a lip but for the life of me, I cannot get it to grab onto anything.  Any suggestions?  Thx,  TB  
mad.gif
I hear ya...it is tuff. Needs to be done thou,the clip hold the housing in place. Dont ride it if you cant get that clip back on. You may hafto take the nose off.

You got to kind of push the clip in and donw . it kind of hooks under a little piece. take the gauges off if you cant see . To take the gauges off just undo the two bolts and then the gauge panel is held in by two rubber push plugs all you have to do is pull ( gently ) it will come off just don't pull it out to far as to pull the wires.

I was able to finally get it hooked onto something by trying the "in and down" technique.  FINALLY!
biggrin.gif

I may have to take the guage panel off next time, just to save time.
Thx for all the help.

Back