heli risers for tall guys?

BUSAFETT

Registered
A friend just bought a ZX-14 and had them put heli risers on it- he's about my height, 6'2".

Are they really that effective? I only had one long ride last year where my neck and or wrists bothered me.

BUSAFETT

They are good if you want to ride like this.

DSC02984.jpg

(BUSAFETT @ Feb. 25 2007,05:24) A friend just bought a ZX-14 and had them put heli risers on it- he's about my height, 6'2".

Are they really that effective? I only had one long ride last year where my neck and or wrists bothered me.

BUSAFETT
It depends on what you consider a long ride. I had them on my 03 and they definitely made a difference on the 300 miles+ rides.

I like them. I'm 6'4", and it makes the bike a lot more comfortable.

i put a 1 1/4" genmar on my busa within weeks of owning it...rode it that way for about a year or so and then?...i lost weight...and my wrists slowly and incideously began taking more and more of my upper body weight...causing some finger tingling and aching wrists....as my diminishing belly quit making contact with the tank...so just fer shids and giggles?...i took the genmar off...and viola...gut made contact again...lower back strain relieved...no more tingling hands or aching wrists annnd then?...i did the right thing....went with some rearsets...which bought me leg room and the proper riding ergo's for the bike...the busa is not meant to be riddden catholic school girl, sit up and beg style...as soon enough you'll find yourself sufering hip issues...with your knees splayed open on the wide part of the upper tank.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Got'em, and Love'em ! And I agree with Jinkster with the rear sets issue ! Changed (lowered) and it's alot more comfortable to ride  
beerchug.gif

I am thinking about buying some aluminum stcok to make me some bar risers.  Hard to spend $30-$35 for that when you can get a 2 foot piece of aluminum for under $10.

IMG_0217Small.jpg

IMG_0220Small.jpg

IMG_0218Small.jpg

got 'em
love 'em

I'm 6'2' 240 lbs.
they made a big difference.

cheers
ken

(RCKTMAN @ Feb. 25 2007,17:19)
(heavybusa @ Feb. 25 2007,10:26) They are good if you want to ride like this.

DSC02984.jpg
that looks like pure ****
Those are Converti-bars in the pic. The Helibars do make a marked difference, but they are at a different angle than stock and may not work for everybody! I really like the design of the Cycle Cats in that you can adjust Height, pull back and vertical angle independently. With the Helibars you get what you get.

(BUSAFETT @ Feb. 25 2007,15:57) Is the rearset mod one you can do yourself?  And what is the recommended brand/model?
I put Suz TL1000R pegs (just the pegs and slide bolts they are a perfect replacement) on and it lowered my foot about 3/4 ". I know it doesn't sound like much, but "OH" what a difference. Some here put Buel pegs on which as I recall lowers it about 1 1/2 " .  Me, I got some Buel pegs, but the look wasn't what I liked.
race.gif

I did the 1 1/4 Genmar and a Tobin seat. The riser made a noticable dif. But with the Tobin, I would have never believed the difference.

I use the TL1000 pegs too. Made a big difference for me. Stock bars though, and this old man can ride all day no problem.
egitarre77.gif

I used the 1 1/4 Genmar. I'm 6'6" and do lots of 300-400 days. Works great for me!

Yep, same here, 6'4" I only have lower back problems, most likely due to destroying my body racing MX. and wheelies....
sad.gif

Back