Hello...and quick question

TheDude27

Donating Member
Registered
First off I want to say wasssssup
race.gif
from a new Busa board member. Heading to VA to pick up my 2003 Silver/Grey Busa (4K miles) on Friday (waiting is killing me). I will post some pics when I finally find some time to stop riding it(maybe mid-end of next week ).
smile.gif

Anyways, on to my question.... I do a lot of miles(~15K) each year and several of them are 2-up. My wife was complaining about the passenger pegs being a little higher than she is used to (coming off a VFR) I was wondering if there are any products that adddress this issue or I will have to machine something or just make sure to wear earplugs so I dont hear any complaints.

I know about the buell peg swap but assumed that is only for rider not passenger. Shimming the passenger seat might be a solution, but since i'm pretty short I dont really want to shim the rider seat to match, and leaving ugly gaps on my new bike are not an option
smile.gif

Glad to be here and can't wait to get on my new bike!!...and then start modding it to go faster
super.gif

L8r,
Mike

smile.gif

Welcome to the board.
Sorry can't help you on the pegs, maybe someone else will chime in and give some advice.

Where is the exhaust system on your bike? It may prevent you from doing anything, but with enough cash anything is possible.

Never heard of a mod for the passenger pegs. You'll probably have to make some custom brackets.

Thanks for the replies
smile.gif

Its got the stock exhaust right now, but I will be going with a full 4-2-1 low(standard) mount system in the near future(wife demands that the bike sounds good, and who am I to argue).

Once I get it (Friday) I'll know more, it does look a little tight there, I was thinking I may have something fabed to go a little forward as well as down or perhaps just bend the pipe a few degrees (I have enormous pool resources when it comes to fabrication and engine work). I was wondering if there was a simple solution that I havent heard about as a newbie Busa owner.

if you want to lower yer pillion pegs you'll have to change the exhaust system. You'll have to go low...or a highmount system, or an' undertail set-up ,which I believe is not in production for the Busa...yet. I believe HMF has a hi-mount system that still allows for use of the pillion pegs(some hi mounts dont) that might be the place to start.

hav agood 1...RSD.

I don't think keeping the pegs is the problem here. Except for certain hi-mount systems all aftermarket exhausts allow you to keep the passenger pegs, but I haven't seen anything aftermarket wise to allow you to adjust the height of them. As far as I know, they are there and that's it. You can change out the pegs but not adjust how low or high they sit. Unfortunately, sounds like you would have to get someone to machine something up for you. But, welcome to the board!

Welcome to the board
biggrin.gif

...never heard of anyone changing the rear pegs!!

I think I'll try the earplug method for now (I have a case of them
biggrin.gif
 ) and see if she adjusts to the new seating position after riding it for a little while. The complaints came after sittion on one at the dealer so maybe after some time on it it will be better.

Thanks again for the help. I'm dying to go pick up the bike(tomorrow).... and my new RAM mount bracket for the GPS just showed up at the door so thats not helping.

L8r,
Mike

<!--EDIT|TheDude27
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115350962 -->

Well i have yet to have a passenger complain on my bike but never had a passanger for as many miles as you either. Best suggestions i can come up with is these

1. have the passenger seat remade with more foam in it will give you a sligh back rest and increase her leg room i have noticed that what corbins look like

2. Go to like a HMF high mount system since they do not relay on the passenger peg for the mounting and then get some longer mounts made for your passenger pegs this is the spendy route.

3. Could try doing the buel peg mod to the passenger area needs more work but could be done and give alittle more leg room or use Lockart Philips adjustable pegs which i don't know if they make anymore i have them on my one busa for the front

Got some good news:

a) Picked up the bike friday as planned...<special ed>yay</special ed>
b) Turns out the SW-Motech mounts come with shims to shim the seat out up a little bit.
c) Wife kept "seeing god" on the back of the bike as I exceeded 7K so leg room was of little concern.

I'm thinking when I get the back bag/passenger seat on she will feel more comfortable moving backwards on the seat and thus providing more leg room.

Damn what a sweet ride, everyone needs one of these!!! I'm pissed I waited so long to get one.

Pics coming in a bit....

Got some good news:

a) Picked up the bike friday as planned...<special ed>yay</special ed>
b) Turns out the SW-Motech mounts come with shims to shim the seat out up a little bit.
c) Wife kept "seeing god" on the back of the bike as I exceeded 7K so leg room was of little concern.

I'm thinking when I get the back bag/passenger seat on she will feel more comfortable moving backwards on the seat and thus providing more leg room.

Damn what a sweet ride, everyone needs one of these!!!  I'm pissed I waited so long to get one.  

Pics coming in a bit....
Congrats on the new bike
beerchug.gif

... ride safe!
biggrin.gif

Back