Help! Galfer front line install - Instructions don't make sense?

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Got a little problem and could use a second/third set of eyes.

I bought a set of Galfer lines (and EBC Extreme Pro pads) for my GEN 2 in anticipation of our Barber trackday next month. Got them 1.5' extra because of helibars and Genmar riser, but that's not the issue. My problem is that the line order at the master cylinder a) does not make sense and b) does not match the pic that came with the instructions.

Below are 4 pictures. The first are the written instructions. Note the instructions say:

Banjo Hex
washer
Straight Banjo right line
washer
Curved Banjo left line
washer
Master cylinder

The second pic from the instructions supposedly shows the correct routing. The problem is that this means the RIGHT and LEFT must CROSS (not mentioned in the instructions). It does not make sense that the curved banjo is closest to the master cylinder; it would seem to me that the lines should NOT cross and the flat banjo should be against the MC...

The third pic is my install following the instructions. Compare it to the example pic and tell me it looks backwards or not.

The forth pic is me switching the order so that the flat banjo is against the MC. It looks to me like THIS configuration matches the instructional pic, NOT the other way around.

So....all you guys with Galfer lines, go look at yours and tell me which banjo (flat or curved) is AGAINST THE MASTER CYLINDER (pic even better).

I hate to have to wait til Monday to call Galfer. I've been told that they've admitted in the past to having incorrect instructions.

Thanks!

IMG_0639.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

I had the same issue and called Galfer. The instructions are wrong and the picture is correct. Install it the way you have it the 4th pic.

Don't know why they don't change the instructions.

Last edited:
mine looks like your 4th pic, which matches the 2nd pic (used in instruction sheet)

I had the same issue and called Galfer. The instructions are wrong and the picture is correct. Install it the way you have it the 4th pic.

Don't know why they don't change the instructions.

You'd THINK they would bother to take the time to correct.....jeez...

Yea keith the last pic is the correct way. The instructions that came with the Galfer set for my TLR were right on the money. Must just be for the busa.

Keith you are good with the routing! I will send you some pictures of the lower lines and how I mounted them later tonight!

I ran into the same problem last month on my install. I did mine opposite of the instructions like you. Glad I saw this post, now I know I didn't screw up. Make sure you run the lower line inside the caliper tab like in my pic. I went outside first and it was pinching the line.

image-2989381240.jpg

Back