Help...what happened ?

OB_Kid

Registered
Used to have CBR1100XX Blackbird, just got new Hyabusa, riding Saturday (with pillion) just joining main road from car park, bike fell flat on its side, no warning signs, no wobble, just like on ice !! Roads slightly wet, was going really carefully, no sign of oil, tyres worn in. What went wrong ? Does a pillion seriously affect these machines ? Am in UK (North Yorks)...could do with new offside stock can / side fairing panel.

[This message has been edited by Kid (edited 09 April 2000).]

Bike is charcoal / black. Could use a new stock right hand can (as you sit on the bike) - and same side fairing panel, but I am in UK. As for any slippery stuff, nothing obvious there. Followed same route out of car park as my mate on ZZR1100. Love the 'busa, but what a fright / never happened before !

Bike is charcoal / black. Could use a new stock right hand can (as you sit on the bike) - and same side fairing panel, but I am in UK. As for any slippery stuff, nothing obvious there. Followed same route out of car park as my mate on ZZR1100. Love the 'busa, but what a fright / never happened before !

Same thing happened to me on a 95 CBR 900RR. I knew the road well, it was dry and I wasn't even hot doggin'. In the midst of a 35 mph right hand corner the front end washed out. I was tummy to tarmack before I could blink. Picked up the bike and took a look at the spot where the bike and I parted ways and could find NOTHING. Checked both tires, no problem. Conversely, I had both ends of the Busa let loose a few weeks back while giong in deep, and all it did was finish tracking through the corner. Go figure.

[This message has been edited by oddball (edited 09 April 2000).]

Back