Help with my nextel i710

riironman

Donating Member
Registered
not sure if this is the right place..but There must be someone that knows... I have the nextel i710 that i am trying to hook up bluetooth with. I bought the adapter and the headset and was able to pair them together. I can talk on it but I cant answer or hang up the phone call by the headset. any thoughts? I tried using 2 different adapters and 2 different headsets.

bump.gif

the 'answer/hangup from headset' feature will depend on what 'profile' the BT adapter supports. It's possible that the BT adapter will only allow communication with a BT headset...and not support the answer/hangup/place call, etc. features.

well, I tried 2 bluetooth adapters. the jabra A210 and the cardo . the jabra is the newest one out and I also tried the motorola and the jabra headsets also. So i am stumped. I dont want to buy a new phone because it's a company phone.

Some phones have a key prompt setting and/or special pairing sequence that you have to do to enable the bluetooth device to be fully functional. I had to do the special pairing sequence with my wifes phone.

JJ

i did some research online and i guess the call/hang up button wont work on non-bluetooth phones.

its a company phone with unlimited limits...so i dont have the upgrade option...maybe i can find a cheap used i870.

Back