help

OB_VegasDude

Registered
Going for an early long ride tomorrow. I need some info. while looking at the rear wheel on the side of the brake disc. Under the swing arm there is another arm approx 1/2 inch in size about 12 inches long and on one end connects to what appears to be the brake system and the other end connects to the underside of the swingarm. The bolt that connects this smaller arm to the brake mechanism had play back and forth in it. In other words i could move the bolt that holds this together back and forth with my fingers. Is this bolt supposed to be loose like that or tight...........please check your bikes and let me know. Thanks alot.

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 13 August 1999).]

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 13 August 1999).]

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 14 August 1999).]

Both ends are tight on my Busa VegasDude. I did put it on a rear stand when I got back from my ride to oil the chain but I don't think that would make a difference.

Thanks Todd, mine was on a rear stand when i noticed it. It wasnt a suzuki center stand it was a lockhart phillips rear stand........................thanks alot.

mine is tight with wheel off the ground or on the ground. that bar holds your caliper in place when you apply the brakes.

VegasDude,
Mine is tight, just tighten the bolt till is feels snug. You want it to allow the caliper to flex a little under load.
ducmanic
Los Angeles

Back