High Milage

Wagsby

Registered
I have recently bought my first Busa it is a standard UK model 1999 RX Red/Black it has 41000 miles on the clock
Does anyone know what the engine life is on the average busa?
Everyone i speak to seems to think that 41k is very and high and expect it to start rattling and smoking any day now but It sounds and performs just as good as any I have seen locally

hi welcome..... theres a member here you has over 75,000 miles on a busa. with on prob,s..................
biggrin.gif

Does it have 41,000 miles or 41,000 kilometers? Don't knwo how much you paid, but there are several people in that milage range who say they haven't had any major problems and they are on newer bikes.... Don't know if that helps...

It has 41000 miles, I have the service history it has had the cam chain and rear subframe mods done and appears to have the oil and filter changed every 7k miles no other engine work appears to have been done

Never heard of a motor dying from old age.  Starving it of oil,
wow.gif
, or crashing kills motors quick.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137882806 -->

Like any other mechanical device, it depends on how the previous owner treated it. If maintained properly and not abused, it's just getting broken in good at 40K.

I put over 60,000 on a 250cc Yamaha 4-stroke years ago, don't see why the 'Busa shouldn't be capable of more.

Like previously stated perventive maintanance is the key, clean oil and not dogging the bike. It shouldn't have any problems.

I have over 48,ooo on my 02 and have only had to have the starter clutch and fuel pump replaced, all where covered under warranty
wink.gif

It must be a good engine, Suzuki puts the same engine in there small cars it sells around the world except here in the US.

It has 41000 miles, I have the service history it has had the cam chain and rear subframe mods done and appears to have the oil and filter changed every 7k miles no other engine work appears to have been done
7,000 miles between oil changes is too long. I change mine around 2500 to 3000 mi.

I change the oil alot especially in the summer when I ride alot about every 3K miles. You should be good to 75 - 100K or more.

holy cow.... I thought my busa with 9.4k miles was getting up there...

Honestly I thought suzuki motors in general were trash and couldn't last past 30 ish. It just sounds like it is rough...

Hitting 38k in a week or two. Not too bad. I put 34k on it since July 04
smile.gif

Carl

Back