High speed cut-outs

OB_Big Ed

Registered
I have a problem with cut outs while accelerating hard. If I’m winding it out and I get to about 145MPH it shuts down for about 2 or 3 seconds. Then the power just comes back on as if I had flipped a switch. Dos anyone think the recalls will solve this problem or dos it sound like something else? I have a Micron full system and a power commander II. I have also done the airbox modification . If anyone has any suggestions please let me know

Check your fuel line from the gas tank to the unit under the tank could be loose or the filters are clogged,have the recall done.My 1 cent. Good Luck

Yes, the fuel screen recall does fix this. You may try some STP fuel injection cleaner in the mean time.

Fix the obvious problem first. Often the more subtle problems go away on their own. Get the 3 call backs done. One of them checks the fuel line. Another replaces filters in the fuel line.

If that doesn't do it try a can of that Gum-Out Fuel Injector Cleaner in your fuel. I recently heard good things about it.

Big Ed,

I had the exact same problem, not only at high speed but at cruising speeds as well. I had the recall service done (108 / 109) and I haven't got any problems. Just make sure the mechanic knows what they are doing.

I also had this problem, and the recalls did fix the problem. It started happening at 4700 miles, only at full thottle. Hope this helps!
Mike Jones

Back