Honda says BY BY AMA

DaCol.

D' Colonel
Donating Member
Honda anounced today that they would no longer be involved with AMAs Superbikes nor support Corona Racing as of 9-18-09 ! They're explaination was that the New AND Changing Rules :rulez: did not fit into their Corporate Planning (meaning SALES promotion by racing here) !

Well, now we have ONE for sure Gone, I just wonder how many more with leave ? Suzuki has indicated they will concentrate on WSBK, Ducati will probably leave (no great loss since they really never were serious here anyway), which leaves Kawi and Yamaha. And I doubt they stay to just race each other.

Geezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, how Great are the new RULES now with NO Next Year Racing Sponsors Confirmed as of Yet !!!

CLUB RACING ANYONE :whistle:

mabey it aint such a bad thing. get ride of the giant $$$$$$ fatory teams and let the privateers go at it.It was pretty boring the last few years wacthing spies and maladen run away with the hole thing anyway

The problem is ::::: NO TV Network is goiing to show Club Racing ! There's NO $$$$$ in it for them. People tune into to see the Big Boys Battle it out, not some boring (except for those there) club race.

Kinda like, WHO showes High School or ever the 3 tier level of College Football on National TV ?? NOBODY !!!!!!!

Sad, but TRUE :beerchug:

Hmmm interesting. Jake Zemke and a few others are up for grabs now huh? Even though Honda hasn't won a Championship in years....I still find this quite surprising. Can you pleae post a link?

Suzuki will still be a powerhouse in AMA for some time to come.

It's Kawi that is hurting the most. They will no longer be in WSB at all after this season. And their lack of good finishes in AMA has been dismal.

Pretty sad to see the demise of the series. We really need a series that can become the proving ground for WSBK and MotoGP.

Here ya go guys....

MOTO-RACING - AMA SBK: American Honda Terminates Superbike Program - SPEEDtv.com

Honda's will still be racing.
It's Team Corona specific, as that was who Honda had contracted personally for their "factory" bike. Is that what everyone else is understanding? Or are they saying no more Honda's will be on the track at all in the Superbike class?

I read it as meaning, NO HONDA FACTORY BIKE OR SUPPORT TEAM ! As in, you want to race a Honda, then you buy one and do whatever, but HONDA will not be helping you or anyone else :beerchug:

Back