How Do I Ship Fairings

Thinker62

Donating Member
Registered
So I have a buying for my fairings and tank, but we are stumped on a reasonable way to ship them. HELP.

What do you guys use and how much can we expect to pay? I live in OR 97224, and he lives in PA 17701.

Expect to pay alot. You'll should use UPS. And pay to let them pack them and put insurance on it.

Expect to pay alot. You'll should use UPS. And pay to let them pack them and put insurance on it.

How much is a lot? Can you give me a range? When you say have them pack it, do you mean at a UPS store or an actual UPS Terminal Location?

Def insure them. Read a few members receiving damaged good from shipping. Price? Not sure.

It cost me $25 to ship 1 fairng in a fairing box on UPS ground. Its the size that gets you.

Im the buyer :)

The tank Im not worried about, as long as its packed good so as not to get scratched.. the tail fairing, hump and front fender and maybe side rears can go in that one...

Its the side fairings that are gonna be a beotch...

Oh.. Greg, its an 01 so the fuel pump and filter are inside the tank right? Its not like an early 01/00 hybrid or anything? I gotta make sure the gas tank will work on my 02.

Oh.. Greg, its an 01 so the fuel pump and filter are inside the tank right? Its not like an early 01/00 hybrid or anything? I gotta make sure the gas tank will work on my 02.

It is an 2001 for sure, but I don't know what that means.

well, in 01 is when they changed the fuel pump to in tank.. Maybe someone else can confirm whether all the 01s would be the same.. or maybe a pic of the bottom of the tank? It doesnt have return lines does it?

Haven't shipped any full sets in about a year, but a tank, upper, R&L sides, fender,tail, and hump will run between $190-225 depending on how good of a packer you are(did I just say that?):laugh: front fender,upper, and hump will fit in the same box. Go to Office Max or UPS store and buy an entire box of bubble wrap in the 2-3' wide x 50 or more long and make sure every painted surface has at least 2 layers of wrap over it, I let a friend pack a set of Jamie Hacking's '01 Yoshimura supersport Sharkskins plastics I sold on ebay for $1800 and had to refund the sale because he wanted to save me 25 bucks :stupid::banghead::banghead:

750.jpg

I've shipped several complete sets. I pack them in three large boxes, one for the tank, one for the sides(maybe some other small pieces), and one for the upper, tail, hump, inners, front fender, windshield, anything else. Each piece wrapped in several layers of bubble wrap and then boxed with packing paper. I use UPS and expect to pay around $50 a box, sometimes cheaper if only a state away. The last set went from me in MI to WA and it was close to $200 for all three. If you print shipping labels from paypal it saves you some $.

I've bought fairings before for the bike. They came in huge flat boxes, one side per box. Wrapped in bubblewrap and one even in a blanket. :laugh: Lots and lots of packing peanuts. You need to be able to sit on that box and have nothing happen to it.

Forward Air is best if you got a pickup and can drive to Allentown or Middletown and pick up pallet...whichever is close

When I have shipped plastics I wrap them in saran wrap, then bubble wrap. Usually costs about $150 to ship a complete set because the size of the boxes is the worst part.

i've painted a few bikes for out of state org members and used UPS, and FED-EX. runs roughly $200 depending on how well you pack and how many boxes, and box sizes. if you can get everything into 3-4 boxes bubble wrapped nice and snug.

make sure you get insurance. i did have 1 problem and took a little over a month to get them to pay [UPS].

Back