how to remove reservoirs sight glass?

thepushercg

veni vidi vici
Donating Member
Registered
im having the reservoirs chromed and i need to take out the sight glass on each one. anyone know how to get them out ?

Can you order just the sight glass?

Might want to pop them out and replace with new after chroming.

runeight...

i dont know, i suppose i could order some, ill call the stealer monday and see. i was trying to figure a way to pop them out without breaking them. but if i can get some more, then it does not matter. thanks for your reply.

yes,pop it out and use a new one,they are like 15 bucks,they have a rubber daimeter on them that seals it..i wouldnt re use it...
cool.gif

(thepushercg @ Nov. 12 2006,09:11)
(tourbus @ Nov. 12 2006,01:12) chroming your reservoir? can you say squid
so chroming the reservoirs  is your definition of a squid ?
ices_rofl.gif
 I believe there are a lot of people on this board with chromed reservoirs and I really dont see how that would make you a squid. I had polished ones on my old bike and they looked great, just dont forget to do the bars also or it wont look right. I will see if i can find a pic of the finished product.

P.S. Just go buy new glass for them, it would be easier and less chance for a leak.

I just get a bad attitude when i hear the word chrome, 1 i dont care for harleys, 2 the squid population in our area chromes everything they can get there hands on & ends up making there bikes look stupid, also i,v seen countless bad chrome jobs & parts that wont fit after chroming has been done

(thepushercg @ Nov. 12 2006,10:11)
(tourbus @ Nov. 12 2006,01:12) chroming your reservoir? can you say squid
so chroming the reservoirs  is your definition of a squid ?
Only if you are a
newbie.gif
not squidly in my world.
super.gif

Post up pics of the process!!

Back