How well does the \'Busa fit big guys?

G

I've paid for but not yet taken delivery of my copper/silver 'Busa. I'm 6'1" and a bit on the burly side. I got to sit on the bike, but could not actually ride it. It felt OK just sitting on it, but I'd like to know how other tall folks have found it to actually ride. What much can the shift and/or pegs be adjusted?

TIA, BigGuy

You should be OK. I'm 6'2" but only weigh 165 so am fairly skinny. Pegs are not adjustable that I have noticed. Shift lever is and I had to move it about an inch down to get it right. I did one long ride and seat was fine.

I am 6'3" 220 lbs, the seat is good but after two and 1/2 hours of straight riding had to get off and give my legs a rest. Kinda cramped up. Other draw back is I have to look through the wind shield to see the speedo and tach. Another thing I have found when I see bikers in front of me is that I have to shoot past them at 170 mph so they say what the hell was that. Its an ego thing :-)

I'm 6'0" and 275lbs without any comfort troubles...it's more comfortable than these bikes I've ridden or owned:

86 Yamaha FZ750
87 & 88 Honda Hurricane
87 Ninja 600
87 Ninja 750
90 Honda Hurricane 1000
93 Honda CBR900RR
94 Yamaha FZR600
98 Suzuki TL1000R

so you shouldn't really worry. The only thing I've noticed at all is that there is a little bit of "weight wear" on my wrists after awhile in town...riding position is more upright in town, causing a bit of discomfort, but I don't really mind it...especially to ride this bike!

Good luck!

BigDog

I,m 6'2" and well over 300lbs and don't find it a problem. Don't try to tuck in behind the screen though....it's impossible !
BigPete

well, I'm 6' & 200lbs. I find the bike extremely comfortable! I rode it for 2hrs straight & I got off with out any problems I could have riden another 2hrs I think.

Its worth 10mph to get behind the windscreen :) while cruising @90mph.. lay down behind the windscreen the speedo jumps to 100mph with out any throttle input.

I'm 6'6" and 230 lbs. The only reason I buy these big bikes is to be halfway able to fit on them. I think this one is way more comfortable than the blackbird I'm currently trying to sell. I do get a little cramped with the foot pegs being up so high but on trips, I can live with it. These bikes are made for little Jap people so until they come out with an American version...............

Back