I can\'t STAND Japanese turnsignalS!

OB_Jay Mack

Registered
It's no wonder so many bikers are BLOODY DEAD! The left (right, for those of you in countries where they drive on the left)turn signals are probably on and the on coming traffic thinks your going to turn. I put on my turn signal when I move into the left (right) lane to pass (which happens rather often) and sometimes you forget to turn it off right away.

Why aren't BMW style turn signals mandated. They're SO MUCH better, right hand turns and cncels right: left hand turns and cancels left. Forget and they go off automatically. SELF CANCELING TURN SIGNALS for everyone!

Incidently, I got my Second Look Tank Skin today. Nice fit, but the Blue doesn't match.

I know what you mean. I do not know how many times I have driven half way down the block before I realize mine were still flashing from the previous turn....

The magazines sack BMW turnsignals, but I think they're completely wrong. If you not used to a BMW you wouldn't appreciate the difference.

The Busas grandpa and great-grandpa (GS1150, GS1100) both had self-cancelling turn signals, as well as a dash-mounted LED gear indicator. I think the latest generation of Suzuki engineers must be too young to remember those things.

My 1979 GS1000E has self-cancelling turn signals as well.

No excuse for current models lacking them other than Suzuki being cheap.

Emergency flashers should be standard as well.

I couldn't remember about the GS1000 models, I've got a '78 but it hasn't been roadworthy in many years. So that makes it grandad, great-grandad, and great-great-grandad who had this "modern" feature. I also don't know, but I'm assuming the Busa's dad(GSXR1100)didn't have self-cancelling signals. Do any of the late model Katanas have self-cancelling signals?

I thought this bike had self canceling signals until I actually rode it, then I was like WTF? $10k and the bike doesn't have them. Oooooookay. My old '84 Honda Sabre had them. Guess 16 years some forms of technology move BACKWARDS!

Back