I dare ya to touch it...

fstAZfk

Donating Member
Registered
ELECTRIFYING

This is what happens when you open a line with 500Kv. Looks like it could be effects, but if you look closely you will see the smoke after the arc's clear.. towards the top of the screen.

<!--EDIT|fstAZfk
Reason for Edit: None given...|1074613879 -->

cool.gif

At the end of the vid look at the guy on the bottom of the right side of the screen behind the truck, he thinks its pretty cool too.

That it totally cool! I'm showing it to my electronics class!

Where did it come from and what are the cu\ircumstances?

That it totally cool!  I'm showing it to my electronics class!

Where did it come from and what are the cu\ircumstances?
not real sure on the origination, but if you click on the link and check the properties, it may take you back to the previous source of the link before i got it..

alright i did the leg work. I found were it came from at one point in time and email'd the dude asking for some info.:;):

<table style=filter:invert>in reeeeally redneck drunken voice</table>

Sheeeeeeiit. gimme dat thing I'll do mor'n jees touch it. I whip my ole johnson out & pee on it.

For some reason, the statement, "Hey Bubba, watch'issss!" springs to mind.
laugh.gif

That is fuggin' wicked!!!
super.gif

Hate to disappoint everyone, but that is just normal operations for opening and closing circuits in the switch yard.
sad.gif

I worked for a while at a nuclear power plant, and we had 365K Volts going out to the yard. When you switched it at night, it was like lightening.

Cool stuff, but kinda typical for whats going on.

Hate to disappoint everyone, but that is just normal operations for opening and closing circuits in the switch yard.
sad.gif

I worked for a while at a nuclear power plant, and we had 365K Volts going out to the yard.  When you switched it at night, it was like lightening.

Yeah, but for those of us who lack any type of culture or life experience it's still cool...
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

That is cool... I once got a tour of an Ontario Hydro facility and saw how they test condensors and stuff for lightning strikes.. that is also cool.. and noisy too!

Dave Archer paints w/ electricity, I got to see a demo of it once, really col to see a guy standing w/ a Tesla coil lead and it discharging onto a glass plate.

Dave Archer Website

OBTW - I own 4 of his originals. Cool stuff!

sad.gif

I worked for a while at a nuclear power plant, and we had 365K Volts going out to the yard.  When you switched it at night, it was like lightening.

Not disapointed Sticker!

Sure wish I could be around in person when something like that occures. A field trip maybe?

Back