I got one!!!!!!!

LA Busa

Top 5 Femme Moto Finisher
Donating Member
Registered
Well, wannabe no more ladies and gentlemen.

Saturday, I bought an '06!

Wound up paying $10.2K. Made a hefty downpayment and financed the rest.
Got a decent deal on insurance; $60 per month through GMAC of all places - they have a deal through Rider magazine that beat all the others I tried. I am 40 with one speeding ticket.

Now go easy on me as far as the pic goes. The livingroom is a mess!

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

I bought a tank bra from the dealership.
Double bubble is ordered.
Friggin rear reflector screws just turn and turn but never come out, will have to go to the garage to get serious with those but they will come off so yall dont razz me about them.

I wanted a Shoei helmet that would match the bike but they did not feel right on my head. Got an Icon Alliance that really felt good. Ordered three spare shields for it.
Also bought about a grand of other gear. Joe Rocket jacket and pants - very, very cool stuff there! Got some Hooligan gloves, standard gloves. Ordered some boots from New Enough.
I plan to ride it for the first time after Christmas - yes, it is riding season here! Nice and dry and cooool.

The dealership set it in my pickup for me and I brought it home and shoved it under the tree! Wife freaked, 20 year old son sat on it making noises for over three hours and my 10 year old will not get off of it! Steady stream of neighborhood "kids" between 10 and 60 years of age have been strolling through drooling all over it. Bike is absolutley beautiful and not one person has done anything but stare in awe!

All I need to do now is learn to ride it.
I have been on an old Gold Wing for years. Plan to take it to a desolate roadway or parking lot and get to know it slowly. I told the dealer that I am 40 and scared of dying so I dont think I'll be too bad off (pray for me though!). Regardless, I had to get one, just had too.

Mods will come slowly as I lobby the wife and calm her down a bit... She still puts her face in her hands and shakes her head when she walks in the house - its great!

More pics to come, I was trying to get all the stuff that would be commented on (I have seen how members here critique the background of pictures!!!!!) I will take more when it is in a better place... Like outside!

Later!

Where's the bow on the windscreen!!
tounge.gif

Nice pic!!
biggrin.gif

nice color!!just dont hammer it old man,and you ll be fine. remember what your on, and all is good.use your body to hold you up not your arms.

PERFECT! If I was going to do it again, that's exactly the way I'd do it. Perfect color. Under the tree. Confused wife. Scared shitless of the thing. Oops.
Wait, scratch the last one. Break it in hard! Worked for me.
Congrats.
and Welcome.
cool.gif
devil.gif
vuur1.gif

WOW, now that looks cool, congrats! now that's what I call a Christmas present
biggrin.gif

In order to get to those bolts holding on to the screw for the reflectors, you must remove the rear cowling for access.

Congradulations, your gona really Love It, and Merry Christmas to you and your family !!! :wizard:

nice bike a just hope a few of those presents are for the bike like a new exhaust, powercommander, galfer brake lines and pads just to start

nice bike could i get the phone number to that insurance company man i am hurting.
You got it!

GMAC Insurance
Rider Motorcycle Insurance

They were about the only outfit that did not all but hang up on me when I said the word "Hayabusa".

The dealership set it in my pickup for me and I brought it home and shoved it under the tree! Wife freaked, 20 year old son sat on it making noises for over three hours and my 10 year old will not get off of it! Steady stream of neighborhood "kids" between 10 and 60 years of age have been strolling through drooling all over it. Bike is absolutley beautiful and not one person has done anything but stare in awe![/QUOTE]

Awesome...what a Xmas! I'd be jazzed too. Welcome and enjoy--safely.
smile.gif

Dude, you need a bigger tree.

biggrin.gif

Beautiful bike, bro. Just gotta love it!

Hope you learn well and have a lot of fun with it! Can't wait to see more stories about it.

Oh, and to all you pups who still squat to pee, I'm 40 too and believe you me, it ain't the least bit old.
wink.gif

--Wag--

Back