I need one of the rubber grommets that hold the windshield on

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
It's the piece that the two silver screws thread into to hold the win shield in place. I've got one, but when the winshield cracked the other one went flying.

Can someone help me out here. It's probably a dollar idem that the dealership will want $10.00 for. I'm willing to pay.
Maybe someone who sells double bubbles. This was a Puig, but I don't think the brand matters.

Floyd

Let me check.

I might have a factory one left over, or I am positive I have some aftermarket ones with black colored allen screws that I bought recently

Shipping is shipping, that's what everyone pays it's not like seller is making the money.....If it was your company it would be the same.

Think for a minute. UPS/FEDEX charges even for the smallest package $7, you add $1 to help cover cost of employee benefits. It's a $4.76 part, which you likely make $2 on, what's profit?

you take that same person and have them ship it thru say the post office. You must pay that person's wages, pay them to pack it,have them drive to post office, pay gas cost for a item you make $2 from, to ship it for $1.75 with no ins or delivery confirmation cause you wanted it cheap. Let's say it makes it or gets lost. How much profit did they make???

Company's must profit or they move to china or go under... when you question this think about it if you owned the company...

Here is one for you, post office has flat rate box, it's like $5 to ship anything that fits, then you got $.70 for conf #(if you don't buy it and package gets lots pp takes money back) and then $1 insurance... see how fast shipping went up and then someone has to take it or be around for post office to pick it up...TIME IS MONEY, Whether being nice and friendly to give something away or sell it as a company..

+ $8.00 shipping... which I find ludicrous:hmmm:

FloydV, swing by a individual bike shop and sure they will sell you one for $2.. I keep bags of them here in a tote, so if someone needs one they can buy one.

Thanks everyone. I wish I had read a bit further down, since some people had extras they were willing to part with.

Floyd

Shipping is shipping, that's what everyone pays it's not like seller is making the money.....If it was your company it would be the same.

Think for a minute. UPS/FEDEX charges even for the smallest package $7, you add $1 to help cover cost of employee benefits. It's a $4.76 part, which you likely make $2 on, what's profit?

you take that same person and have them ship it thru say the post office. You must pay that person's wages, pay them to pack it,have them drive to post office, pay gas cost for a item you make $2 from, to ship it for $1.75 with no ins or delivery confirmation cause you wanted it cheap. Let's say it makes it or gets lost. How much profit did they make???

Company's must profit or they move to china or go under... when you question this think about it if you owned the company...

Here is one for you, post office has flat rate box, it's like $5 to ship anything that fits, then you got $.70 for conf #(if you don't buy it and package gets lots pp takes money back) and then $1 insurance... see how fast shipping went up and then someone has to take it or be around for post office to pick it up...TIME IS MONEY, Whether being nice and friendly to give something away or sell it as a company..

FloydV, swing by a individual bike shop and sure they will sell you one for $2.. I keep bags of them here in a tote, so if someone needs one they can buy one.

Does it really need to be shipped in a box using UPS or Fed Ex? The part weighs .2 oz. Throw it in a padded envelop and be done with it. I get crap from china off of ebay for $3... USPS, flat rate... again, why does a .2 oz part need a box...???? Covering an employees hr. wage... well that statement right there has told me that we in this country have screwed ourselves. You pay some one $14/hour to pick a part/pack it/ship it...They better be packing $6-9K of merchandise a day otherwise, yes go out of business. Set a minimum order amount merchandise wise and take advantage of the flat rate, sell locally or find another profession.

I have dealt w/ Ron Ayers and they were awesome. I ordered enough product to justify the shipping. If a business cannot be competitive locally or online then they need not be in business. They obviously do enough business that they can justify their on line sales be it in house or on line.

Does it really need to be shipped in a box using UPS or Fed Ex? The part weighs .2 oz. Throw it in a padded envelop and be done with it. I get crap from china off of ebay for $3... USPS, flat rate... again, why does a .2 oz part need a box...???? Covering an employees hr. wage... well that statement right there has told me that we in this country have screwed ourselves. You pay some one $14/hour to pick a part/pack it/ship it...They better be packing $6-9K of merchandise a day otherwise, yes go out of business. Set a minimum order amount merchandise wise and take advantage of the flat rate, sell locally or find another profession.

I have dealt w/ Ron Ayers and they were awesome. I ordered enough product to justify the shipping. If a business cannot be competitive locally or online then they need not be in business. They obviously do enough business that they can justify their on line sales be it in house or on line.

If you just typed all of that you really didn't read or comprehend what I typed..Nevermind.....:banghead:

If you just typed all of that you really didn't read or comprehend what I typed..Nevermind.....:banghead:

I did read it and completely understand that shipping is shipping. My rant was about the cost of doing business in this country and how we have screwed ourselves and continue to by not being competitive.

Back