Idle adjustment

Epstein

Registered
I need to turn the idle up al little and I see the adjustment screw in the owners manual but it doesn't show exactly were it is. Do the
side panels have to be removed to get to it?

No...Just remove the seat and raise the tank...
The adjustment screw is on the right side and easy to reach...

David

after you lift the tank look on the right side of the motor turn the throtle you will see where the cables move and the screw is right there:)

I have a long snap on screwdriver i use to adjust mine without removing anything.If you look between the frame and tank you can actually see the screw.Once you know where the screw is its easy

I have a long snap on screwdriver i use to adjust mine without removing anything.If you look between the frame and tank you can actually see the screw.Once you know where the screw is its easy
+1 - I just use a long (about 12") #2 phillips. No need to remove seat/raise tank.

Wasn't there an old thread about using Loc-tite or a spring to keep it from loosening again from engine vibration?

Yeah, some blue loctite will help prevent it from vibrating out. There's a spring on it already, but it's prone to vibrating loose. I popped the tank once to put some loctite on the screw. Since then, I just use the long screwdriver method.

PS - make sure you use the BLUE loctite - not the Red stuff....or you'll never adjust the idle again!

Back