Idle problems

OB_busagsx1300r

Registered
i have a terrible time between 2800 and about 3100 rpm. it will not stay there. well it will but it jumps like it wants to take off or run out of gas. ive looked for the TPS and throttle bottle sync. in the search but i am unsuccesful. i am not familiar with fuel injection, but i like to learn about things like this. i know it has been explained before and im sorry, but if anyone could just bring it up, i will read and try and do it myself. i will be getting the manuel pages for the screens in a little while so i will be checking those out as well. thanks, p.s. any advice about doing this procedure is welcomed. i do not have any special motorcycle tools. is there one that i definetly need to do this project?

Check for the obviuos first. Check the flapper valve vacuum hose, the vacuum plug where the PAIR was, and the air temperature sensor connector (that's the only one you disconnect when removing the airbox, hence the 'check' on the LCD. Computer assumes engine is hot, and runs like crap when cold).
Check the TPS and synch when you have the airbox removed, but they have nothing to do with the engine dying. Hope this helps.

I installed the akro full system and PC2w/akro map, however, I am having problems with the idle at lower temps. I let it run at the fast idle for 30-45 sec and it still dies when I switch it to the regular idle. Thanks

Throttles balanced? TPS calibrated ? Vacuum hoses all connected ?

[This message has been edited by Lyle (edited 07 March 2000).]

I disconnected the PAIR and blocked the hoses (large one to the airbox and the vacc line), and I just had it in for servicing before I put the pipe on, so I would think that the sync and TPS would be all right. Also I went to start it the other day and it would not start, on the clock screen it said check. I rolled it down the driveway a bit and try to start it again and it fired right-up.

Center Vacuum hose on the air box ? check it, I do not think the other will make that happen ( under the air box, But check your TPS >>

Same problem I had with a PC2 last year...left me stranded...would not crank...does yours backfire at times. Try unplugging the PC and see how it runs...I`ll bet your problems go away.

Do a search on TPS. It's been explained 3-4 times. If you can't find it let us know.

Back