If it wasn\'t for Kawasaki...

OB_Erno

Registered
...this site would be pretty boring!

When I visit this site I'm always amused by all the Busa vs. ZX-12 threads. If there was no ZX-12, what would all of you be talking about ?

Competition improves the breed. How many different ways are there to say that?

My hat is off to Kawasaki and Suzuki both. Just don't talk to me about the trade deficit right now, I don't wanna hear it.

And one day Harley may antee up at the table.

Their bikes are now running at the track with the front of the pack, maybe the next time the XLCR is released it will have a little less Willie G. and a little more Buell.

Is Russell going to ride HD in 2000?

Ha ha,I think Scott is going to find he has a little trouble getting a factory to hand him a ride. Even Harley expects SOME results. I think they will find a real team mate for Picotte. Russell was good when he was good but he just doesn't seem to be that interested these days. Showing up trackside with big chested strippers and riding like an insurance adjuster on a free trackday. Kinda sad really. Scott better enjoy reruns of his Kawasaki and Yamaha victories cause with guys like the Bostrums and the Haydens and Gobert and Duhamel riding he is gonna see a lot more of the back of the pack. The Japanese factory boys are hip and even Harley has figured it out by now. They just hoped the Russell could win at Daytona on a moped story was true. When he really cared the guy was amazing. Too bad really, I liked watching him do it when he was into it.

I never wanted a crotch rocket before my harley dealer almost forced me to try a buel.
After that I bought a sport bike mag and read about the busa. My harley dealer also sells suzuki. They got 2 and they were pissed that I wanted 1. The day I picked it up they still wanted me to take a buel.

The buel didn't impress me at all. I already have a 1980 1000cc stripped down, cut off fenders, no turn signals painted black with a spray can and skull and cross bones on the tank. With a knobby on the back and an enduro on the front it's great on the gravel back roads. Also got an 89" fxrs hot rod and a 96" fxrt.

I was going to put the busa in the back of my truck to take it home but the guys were saying ride it first. I was embaressed to have anyone see me on it because I've ridden harlies for so long. Anyways I road around the parking lot a few times and man oh man,I rode that thing 140 miles before I went back and got my truck.

The busa impressed me then and still does every time I ride it.

Have fun.

I am a Scott Russell fan. I agree with Buffalo. He was the goods, now he is riding for a check. I still am a fan, but I wonder what his mindset is? The 92, 94, and 95 Daytona 200 wins were masterful displays of sportbike riding. I hope he isn't another sports figure who continues on for the dollar and plays off his glory days. Ford / Cosworth is the mix for HD now, so Superbike could get real interesting. Pascal is a great rider. I would love to see him in the hunt in Y2K. The more teams in the chase, the better the racing.
Later,
Nailz

Viol8r,you picked the right bike,my friend had a buell and had to take it back a couple of times for parts falling off,brake problems and other minor stuff.He said it was a good bike if things didn't fall off and was happy to get rid of it.This guy is a Harley guy and I was surprise that he let the buell go.

viol8ter, I know what you mean man. I rode nothing but Harley's for 27 years. Then I got a GSXR750 as repayment on a debt. I rode the thing before selling it and it changed my outlook on Japanese bikes to say the least. I love having a bike that delivers on performance, rideability, longevity and flat out style.

Buffalo, that's an interesting story. I really wonder how the "one percenters" or rather the hardcore Hardley goons who've never ridden "rice burners" would react to a free test ride of Japan's finest?

Seems to me there'd be a lot of defections....

Back